Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CriminalKZ
    • Jul 2010

81 FLT kickstarter???

I've been looking everywhere and the cheapest option I can find is $400-700. It seems the 4 speed option is only 150-300. Any idea on cheaper options for the 5speed. Would the Ultima 5speed kicker work?Click image for larger version

Name:	9345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1342415
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by CriminalKZ
    I've been looking everywhere and the cheapest option I can find is $400-700. It seems the 4 speed option is only 150-300. Any idea on cheaper options for the 5speed. Would the Ultima 5speed kicker work?[ATTACH=CONFIG]80913[/ATTACH]
    An Ultima will work but it will be nothing but problems... You get what you pay for... For the most part...

By the way you will have to change the exhaust too.... And the bag might be in the way also.. And the rear floor board and on and on...
    Last edited by Tattooo; 01-10-2018, 6:39 AM.

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

If you want reliable starting on a bagger with a large battery, the way to go isn't a kicker, it's a later 5 speed bagger box with the outstanding later Denso starter style still used today.

Cheap kickers are shit. A ChiCom ratchet I didn't know was ChiCom got my knee, and my Shovels got Baker gears.

My FXRs don't have kickers though I tried a kicker kit on my 1988 for a while. Besides failing, it stuck out too far. The '88 now has a 1997 bagger transmission which also got rid of the oil tank. I had to mod the frame slightly but it was just removing a crossmember and welding on a different, removable (I want to be able to drop the oil pan in the frame) one I made.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;