X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dirtygrotonscoundrel
    • May 2013

Extended fork tubes on 08 and up sportster

Hey all,

Trying to help a buddy put longer tubes on his '16 iron.

It seems like all of the fork tubes that I have found are only up until 2007. Looking at a parts diagram (2016 Iron Front Fork) all of the seals and bushings are exactly the same, as well as the fork cap.

Does anyone know whether or not the fork tubes readily available for 87-07 will work on his '16?

Seems like the cartridge design may have something to do with it but I am just not sure.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Try calling Frank's:

Forking by Frank
    Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc., Evanston, IL, 60202, motorcycle fork tubes,forking by frank,german,japanese,spanish,chicago,motorcycle,forks,tubes,fork tubes,bikes,cycles,choppers,honda,suzuki,kawasaki,yamaha,bmw,triumph,bsa,norton,maico,harley davidson,, motorcycles,motorcycle parts,parts,engines

Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc.
    945 Pitner Avenue
    Evanston, IL 60202
    For more information, please call the office at 847-475-1003

We manufacture motorcycle fork-tubes. We carry past models from the 1950s through today's models. We stock over and under and stock lengths. There is no other after-market manufacturer of German, Spanish, or Japanese fork-tubes. We will ship worldwide.
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• dirtygrotonscoundrel
      • May 2013

I’m aware of franks, and have them in the back as a last resort.

That said, I already have some spare tubes here that would obviously be cheaper to use than shelling out for another pair.

I would just hate to buy another set and find they’re exactly the same as what I have.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

He suggested calling Frank's, not just blindly ordering tubes from them.

They are in business to sell tubes and if anyone knows they do.

You can always remove and disassemble one side of yer bros fork and compare tubes including inner diameters and damper rods. People forget tubes have an "inside", seals and bushings are outside of the tube.

You can use the Ronnie's HD online microfiche to compare stock part numbers and see what's different.

Comment

• SeventyTwo
          • Sep 2017

This exact thing picked my brain for a few weeks. I have a 12 Sporty 72 and apparently anything 07 and under just doesn't work... Franks quoted $269+the ride for 6" over for me. Never got a clear answer as to why they don't work, they just dont.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;