Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex6712
    • Dec 2017

Sportster clean bars

Hey guys first time posting here.i got this sportster trying to make an old-school build.the bike sat for 10 years and I brought it back to life.ive done some work I went with everything most people dislike lol velocity stack,drag pipes and I'm loving it I also have a Voodoo hardtail on order and a jokey shifter from led sled and i have some apes laying around ready to be installed.so here's the thing I'm trying to see if anyone knows how to run my bars clean.ie.i want a single throttle cable,and no switches just 2 bottoms to turn on and off the bike.how can I accomplish this with momentarily switches? Is it possible? Thank you guys!
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Alex6712
    Hey guys first time posting here.i got this sportster trying to make an old-school build.the bike sat for 10 years and I brought it back to life.ive done some work I went with everything most people dislike lol velocity stack,drag pipes and I'm loving it I also have a Voodoo hardtail on order and a jokey shifter from led sled and i have some apes laying around ready to be installed.so here's the thing I'm trying to see if anyone knows how to run my bars clean.ie.i want a single throttle cable,and no switches just 2 bottoms to turn on and off the bike.how can I accomplish this with momentarily switches? Is it possible? Thank you guys!

Why not just run just an ignition switch... Unless you need a starter button if that's the case that's easy too... What year bike?? That will help a lot...

Comment

• Alex6712
      • Dec 2017

Hey yes I would still run a ignition switch the bike is a 97

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Hey yes I would still run a ignition switch the bike is a 97
        All you need is a remote starter button... That's one button not 2.. What is the other one that you mentioned for??

Comment

• Alex6712
          • Dec 2017

So one momentarily switch will start the bike? I thought it'll be like stock you know one kill and the other one momentarily to crank but I guess I can use it for something else if that's the case.it said I. Had to run relays to use as starter??? Now the headlight will work just on low right??

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

So one momentarily switch will start the bike? I thought it'll be like stock you know one kill and the other one momentarily to crank but I guess I can use it for something else if that's the case.it said I. Had to run relays to use as starter??? Now the headlight will work just on low right??
            You can use the ignition switch to cut the bike off and a toggle switch for the high low on the headlight.. Do a search for a wiring diagram on here... I know they are here...

Comment

• Alex6712
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Tattooo
              You can use the ignition switch to cut the bike off and a toggle switch for the high low on the headlight.. Do a search for a wiring diagram on here... I know they are here...
              Thanks man appreciate it!

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Thanks man appreciate it!
                Anytime...

Glad to be of help..

Comment

• afraziaaaa
                  • Jul 2012

Connect the ignition wire to the negative coil wire and only run high beam. Eliminates both switch housings completely.

Get yourself a marine starter switch (starts like a car) and voila.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;