Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FatChibs
    • Feb 2014

i pulled it off my ironhead, it lowered the bike a good bit and i really like the narrow skinny look of the 33.4. additionally im going to take a hamburger drum i have and lace it to a 21 rim at some point. im putting the 35mm on my ironhead and potentially about to sell it.....

having lowered the bike , it actually rides better anyways, feels likei can finally corner with confidence. plus just look at it, its all shiny and has a nice headlight bracket i also stole from my ironhead. poor ironhead...

bbq that is one classy ride. everyone loves a little busch
    Last edited by FatChibs; 06-06-2018, 5:40 PM.

Comment

• FatChibs
      • Feb 2014

Comment

• nuklhd
        • Sep 2013

fatchibs, I think a chain and lock would be easier for security. you must live in a rough neighborhood

Comment

• Rhysmort
          • May 2017

Looking great now man! SO much better than when you first took her on. Hopefully getting a shovel myself to go with my pan, less worry about thrashing a cone shovel and all that!

Comment

• FatChibs
            • Feb 2014

i put in a bell style throwout, some good peace of mind. updated my front engine seal and its not leaking any more, ordered s&s specific oil pump gaskets and have ridden a few hours without any leaking out of the pump. super relieved about that problem being gone. tranny seal is leaking as best i can tell but not too bad. i put a chicago mfg kicker pedal on but im not sold on it. i also wanna try out some pull back rabbit ears on the bike to see how i like em. rode for an hour today, washed it up. bike seems to be sluggish after riding around for a while, as though my clutch is slipping. need to readjust all the springs i guess and take apart the clutch to see if the plates are shitty. dyna s was also installed, new coil, new cloth plug wires. belt alignment is all good now too. rear brake is stopping well. not much to comment on other than the inevitable clutch rebuild.

Comment

• crisisred
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by FatChibs
              i put in a bell style throwout, some good peace of mind. updated my front engine seal and its not leaking any more, ordered s&s specific oil pump gaskets and have ridden a few hours without any leaking out of the pump. super relieved about that problem being gone. tranny seal is leaking as best i can tell but not too bad. i put a chicago mfg kicker pedal on but im not sold on it. i also wanna try out some pull back rabbit ears on the bike to see how i like em. rode for an hour today, washed it up. bike seems to be sluggish after riding around for a while, as though my clutch is slipping. need to readjust all the springs i guess and take apart the clutch to see if the plates are shitty. dyna s was also installed, new coil, new cloth plug wires. belt alignment is all good now too. rear brake is stopping well. not much to comment on other than the inevitable clutch rebuild.
              great build!
              shit luck with all the bad repairs in the past, but looks like you are getting them all figured out!

Comment

• FatChibs
                • Feb 2014

Some changes since i last posted here, runs good nowadays dont leak much either

Comment

• seaking
                  • Jul 2013

My apt. had a shack like that on an alley that backed up to main drag, man the people trash picking and shit that would happen that place at night. A meth lab (toilet) one house down got busted, the cops would drive by and I thought they were scoping me so I'd wave hello at 2am like forrest gump they'd just keep driving.

It was kind of like shopping but the goods would come to you--bought a few tools and file cabinets from pickers going by. My trash picking buddy got stuck out back on an icy day and forgot where he was from diabetic shock, so he called jimmy john's they delivered right to where he was stuck.

Cool dude he would always have 2 cents or split a beer. his pan was long gone and he rode Indians before that....hang around outlaws, had a interstate conspiracy charge--prison paid for his quadruple bypass. good people:
                  Richard "Dick" Weed:

My favorite story was the first time he met my wife--he'd harangue about his old "huge big ole beautiful tits" girlfriend after thoroughly taking in my wife's---the first time he met her in the grocery store. The ol dirty bastard ranted how they were right at eye level and all the floppy sloppy motorboating and dirty shit right there in the middle of aisle; I looked over she's smiling. He looked back at me and catches himself--ohh oh sorry----"boobs."
                  Like that was the only thing wrong with the entire conversation, he swore. 'tits.'
                  Last edited by seaking; 10-19-2018, 1:38 PM.

Comment

• FatChibs
                    • Feb 2014

lol thats a great story man

Comment

• FatChibs
                      • Feb 2014

Comment

• Down
                        • Jan 2016

Killer killer killer bike, man! I'd love it more with some wacky paint on the tank. Love your Ironhead too, how's she doing?

Comment

• FatChibs
                          • Feb 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	O48Nnoa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	1308776

not really a 1979 shovelhead anymore, but here she sits before i tear down for paint. different frame, different engine.
                          Last edited by FatChibs; 03-03-2019, 7:37 PM.

Comment

• FatChibs
                            • Feb 2014

Made some foot pegs, spaced out my foot clutch and slapped on real long kickstand

Comment

• FatChibs
                              • Feb 2014

Comment

• GoodLuckCult
                                • Apr 2019

real sweet scoot mang.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;