Subscriptions (to The Horse) done... Straight from the "horse's" mouth...

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ckamin
    • Nov 2017

Subscriptions (to The Horse) done... Straight from the "horse's" mouth...

Got the following email today from The Horse after my 3rd email inquiry into missing subscription issues since #171... Looks like I'll try for a refund...

Currently we no longer offer subscriptions for our magazine. We apologize for any inconvience this may cause for you. We will continue to print the magazine and it will continue to be sold in your local motorcycle shops, book stores, convenient stores and grocery stores. In addition to those places to purchase the magazine, we will also continue to sell the magazine directly from our headquarters and on our online retail store. We will increase our printing from 10 magazine issues a year to 12 magazine issues.
    BUY CURRENT MAGAZINE NOW
    BUSINESS CUSTOMERS
    BUY AT PARTNER STORE
    BUY AT RETAIL STORE

Last magazine issue mailed was issue #171. This is the last issue of The Horse Backstreet Choppers Magazine that will be mailed to subscribers.
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, we can no longer provide magazine subscription services. We have attempted to find a perfect solution to providing the magazine to you directly. Unfortunately there is no easy way to continue to mail the magazine to subscribers at an affordable price in a reasonable amount of time.
    In the past few months we have had quite a few issues to overcome dealing printing and shipping. Our main goal is to continue to print the magazine without sacrificing anything. So we will continue to print the magazine and it will continue to be sold in your local motorcycle shops, book stores, convenient stores and grocery stores. In addition to those places to purchase the magazine, we will also continue to sell the magazine directly from our headquarters and on our online retail store.
    If you purchased a subscription you will need to contact us directly. A letter with the details of your purchased subscription has been mailed out with your copy of issue #171.
    Again we apologize for any inconvenience. We know you prefer to receive the magazine directly to you. We hope that as we move forward to continue printing the magazine that you will also continue support us. Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your continued support,
    The Horse BackStreet Choppers Magazine

You can Contact Charlie at [email protected] or 1-586-992-9803. Please be aware that phone and email are answered only once a week. The best way to make sure your refund gets processed is to complete the form below.
    • Complete as much as possible, include your address. If your form does not have the subscriber name and full address, a refund will not be issued.
    • If you purchased a subscription for someone else, enter their name and address, not yours.
    • If all data entered is correct, we will verify your subscription and start the refund process.
    • Refund process times: 4-24 weeks. This depends on where you purchased the magazine subscription.
    • Please be patient while we attempt to issue refunds. Currently we have only one staff member working on subscriptions.
    • We will continue to fulfill subscriptions only for Business customers and winners for subscription prizes or giveaways.
    • If you are a business customer please still complete the form and include your company name. We will verify your account and make sure to send you any magazines that are missing.
    CLICK HERE TO REQUEST REFUND
  • RickG61
    • Oct 2016

Yeah, I got that same form letter/email. Filled out my refund request. 2 weeks later, they sent me an e-mail saying I needed to fill out a refund request. Sooo, I filled it out again, and made sure I let them know that I had already filled one out and was not trying to double dip for a refund. That's been about 6 weeks ago now. I'm guessing I'm not even going to get to single dip. LOL Kiss that money goodbye.

I see the latest issues on the shelves. Decided I will not be purchasing any more issues until the repay me for the year that I already paid for.

Comment

• hardhead2
      • Mar 2016

I would be OK with raising the subscription rate to continue having it mailed to me. I subscribe to other mags that are only half the price and can afford to continue to mail subscriptions. Tom

Comment

• Dew
        • Aug 2009

I have been a faithful subscriber and reader of "The Horse" since the first issue. I have every issue up to #171 and had several months left on my subscription. I did not receive any email, just stopped getting the magazine. Yesterday I went to the website and filled out the form to get a refund. It looks as though the magazine must be in serious financial trouble leaving many, if not all, of their long time subscribers without the remainder of their already paid for magazines. Although it has been my favorite motorcycle journal for a long time, I will not be purchasing any more of their product until my refund is issued.........

Comment

• RickG61
          • Oct 2016

Dew, I'm with ya. I see their issues on the newsstand, leave them right there.
          I've noticed that George the Painter is now at Cycle Source. He didn't have any good to say of his experience there at the Horse.

They've ignored two official requests for refunds, and have stopped answering any e-mails. A Facebook page shows them moving their offices to a new building, as if it was a choice. Probably because they quit paying rent on the old building, or if they owned it, had to sell it because they were broke.

Its just kinda funny because tack hammer had an editorial in the last issue they sent me that had him making fun of Easyriders and offering them $2000 cash for the magazine, since he said they ruined it and it was worthless and they were broke. I sent an e-mail to him and offered him $10 bucks and the money he stole from me for a subscription he never sent, in exchange for ownership of the Horse. Strangely, he never replied. Maybe his inna net was shut off for not paying the bills. LOL

Comment

• Dew
            • Aug 2009

All that bravado from Hammer about being a stand up Marine sure seems kind of suspect now. I could understand it if the magazine went out of business but they are going to all the runs and parties and still producing a magazine..... Their website claims the database had over 100000 subscribers. If only half of them were current and they owed them six months of magazines apiece that would be about $1,250,000. I bet the FTC would probably be interested in this.....

Comment

• DustyDave
              Super Moderator
              • Oct 2012

I found this on The Smoke Out site.
              Answering Your Question – What’s up with the Horse Magazine?
              June 1, 2018
              What's up with the Horse Magazine

The Smoke Out is alive and well!! We are looking forward to the best Smoke Out ever. We still have people wondering what’s up with the Horse Magazine.
              Q: What’s Up with the Horse Backstreet Choppers Magazine?

A: The Horse Magazine was the Smoke Out sponsor for years and now they are not. The magazine has changed ownership. Chanel (aka Mz Debo) has taken over the Horse Magazine. To quote Mz Debo, in context, from her own editorial, “… business is business; friendship is friendship and the two should never mix.” I disagree with Mz Debo’s world view. The Smoke Out IS about relationships… friendships and a culture that we all enjoy.

Q: Did the people at the Horse Magazine know the Smoke Out was still going on when they printed that the Smoke Out is cancelled?

A: Yes, they did. There is an unprecedented level of dishonesty at the Horse Magazine now that may come back to hurt the magazine. They deliberately kept subscribers money and did not sent out the magazines. They print articles with information that they know is not true. The magazine has run up huge print bills (several hundred thousand dollars) and then found ways to not pay the bills. Many people have been promised features, etcetera that never ran and advertisers have been promised ads that never ran.

Q: Will this change the Smoke Out?

No. The Smoke Out is on this year and the party will be epic. Next year is the 20th Anniversary and that is definitely happening also.

So that is what’s up with the Horse Magazine.
              Ride Free!
              Edge
              Driving that train, high on cocaine
              Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
              Trouble ahead, trouble behind
              And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• Dew
                • Aug 2009

When is the Smoke Out this year and where? Is The Horse going to be in attendance?

Comment

• Hoghead
                  • Jun 2015

Read the post above yours. The Horse in attendance? I don't fucking think so.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;