X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shakeybones
    • Apr 2017

What once was

1980 xs650
    I did my due diligence and scoured the interwebs on this subject and after nothing direct to my isssue I came here. I dont wanna waste your time.
    Last summer i installed a HHB PMA, Sparx Cap and Pamco Ignition....like everyone else.

Bike ran like a champ. Weill the bike got stolen and when it was recovered somehow they managed to skip a tooth on timing. No problem. Tore the engine down, pulled all ignition and electronics and reinstalled just like I did on the fresh build.

No signal power out of the PMA now. I have been hooking up my test light and kicking and kicking.....nothing.

But here is the "kicker" right after all the re-install when i would kick my taillight would light up since i have the running light to my fuse block. I got 1 or two sparks, a couple coughs...now nothing.

Stator test fine on both output parameters. But no power when i kick it. Test light clipped to the three yellow wires. No obstruction.

Any thoughts would be great on how to test it better or what to look for?
    Last edited by shakeybones; 12-13-2017, 10:08 AM.
  • metalheart28
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by shakeybones
    1980 xs650
    I did my due diligence and scoured the interwebs on this subject and after nothing direct to my isssue I came here. I dont wanna waste your time.
    Last summer i installed a HHB PMA, Sparx Cap and Pamco Ignition....like everyone else.

Bike ran like a champ. Weill the bike got stolen and when it was recovered somehow they managed to skip a tooth on timing. No problem. Tore the engine down, pulled all ignition and electronics and reinstalled just like I did on the fresh build.

No signal power out of the PMA now. I have been hooking up my test light and kicking and kicking.....nothing.

But here is the "kicker" right after all the re-install when i would kick my taillight would light up since i have the running light to my fuse block. I got 1 or two sparks, a couple coughs...now nothing.

Stator test fine on both output parameters. But no power when i kick it. Test light clipped to the three yellow wires. No obstruction.

Any thoughts would be great on how to test it better or what to look for?
    Do you have a good ground?

Comment

• shakeybones
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by metalheart28
      Same ground i used before the bike was stolen. Seems to be fine. I am going to pull the stator again tonight and check for .7 to 1.0 voltage accross each lead of the yellow wire from the HHB PMA. IF it turns up anything erratic then i guess check grounds and check the yellow wires connections at the stator

Comment

• shakeybones
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by metalheart28
        I have everything...all electronics grounded to a single point. Could that be the issue? It ran like a champ before

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;