Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackbetty
    • Apr 2011

Has anyone bought a sissybar from jimmy @kickerparts

This guy advertises on IG like mad for some pretty neat looking sissy bars.

Is this a shit list vendor? I just spoke to my second friend who said he's lost hope after months of waiting....

Has anyone ever actually paid for and received a sissy bar from this dude?
    Last edited by Blackbetty; 12-12-2017, 2:34 PM.
  • CLIFFRDM
    • Nov 2017

I ordered a custom sissy bar from him Nov 11, paid an extra 50 to try and get ahead of whatever other orders he had. He said 10 days. I contacted him at 3 weeks he said count only business days... Anyway, I got a finished photo of it a couple days ago and a tracking number yesterday but still waiting for any progress from there. I think he's just hustling. Maybe taking on more business than he can handle?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80412

BTW your Shovelhead build has been a SERIOUS source of inspiration and help. MAHALO
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CLIFFRDM; 12-15-2017, 1:34 AM.

Comment

• FatChibs
      • Feb 2014

i just sent him money for a bayonet sissy bar, so ill let you know whenever i hear back from him about it. my best guess is he's doing a shit ton of business, he's doing a service not many people are also offering so i bet he's gotten a huge demand for it.

Comment

• dirtygrotonscoundrel
        • May 2013

Had a buddy order from him for his early evo sporty. Those have the weird limp dick fender struts that curve down.

My friend specifically told him this before ordering and he was like "yeah yeah it will bolt right up."

Lo and behold it did not bolt right up, as it was made for later style straight strut sporties. A PayPal chargeback had to be initiated before he would take it back, and my buddy still had to eat return shipping. Also, pretty sure it took about a month to get to him, which he was bummed on.

Obviously this is all secondhand, so take it with a grain of salt, but still worth mentioning I think.

Comment

• Blackbetty
          • Apr 2011

He's sitting on my money a month later. I texted him to send me a refund so I can just make my own and he never replied. Without this I cant move forward w fender placement or make a seat pan so paint and upholstery times will eat into next season. I purchased material to bend it up myself, I find making sissy bars to be a chore, especially when it's for someone else's bike, and I'm doing it for free.

I don't like it when dudes drum up more business then they can handle and then get buried in the weeds. Why even tell someone 15-25 days?
          Last edited by Blackbetty; 12-19-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• FatChibs
            • Feb 2014

well thats disheartening to say the least...

Comment

• Blackbetty
              • Apr 2011

I'll let you all know if I hear back. I love how everyone who has replied has paid and not received, except for one fuckup. jesus christ.

For anyone thinking about buying from this guy, I STRONGLY suggest not sending this F/F and covering the fee.
              Last edited by Blackbetty; 12-15-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Offgrid1986
                • Dec 2017

If you are looking for a reliable guy to make you some parts, check out Alex. @strangecycle is his Instagram name.

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

Sounds like a good excuse to get an oxy-acetylene/oxy-propane torch and permanently solve the sissy bar problem along with many others. A good outfit can last a couple of lifetimes.

Round bar is cheap enough to throw away (not that I'd waste good scrap) while learning to torch bend. If you make something you really like you can copy it in stainless.

Comment

• Taint
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by farmall
                    Sounds like a good excuse to get an oxy-acetylene/oxy-propane torch and permanently solve the sissy bar problem along with many others. A good outfit can last a couple of lifetimes.

Round bar is cheap enough to throw away (not that I'd waste good scrap) while learning to torch bend. If you make something you really like you can copy it in stainless.
                    The way things have gone over the last decade, it's all been a great excuse to learn how to do as much shit as possible yourself. Seems like the evolution of the internet has squeezed a lot of scammers out of the woodwork. Even seemingly or previously legitimate businesses.

That being said, I've never specifically had a problem with kickerparts on IG, although I've considered a bayonet sissy bar from him a time or two.

Comment

• farmall
                      • Apr 2013

There were plenty of slugs before the internet, which is why I go into DIY in the first place.

Comment

• Deadpatch
                        • Sep 2016

Damn. Was contemplating hitting this dude up about one the other day. Guess I'll pass. Bummer.

Comment

• Blackbetty
                          • Apr 2011

I made one out of channel yesterday, glad I did it's a lot cooler.

I'll post the kickerparts one for sale when it arrives thanksgiving of next year

Comment

• bobberadam
                            • Jan 2011

I really dig the channel look!

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                              • Sep 2011

I finally got mine yesterday. I paid for one 9/29, received 12/18 which is honestly kinda bullshit. I paid him as soon as I received my invoice and then came the excuses for not meeting the 15-25 working day turn around (which is kinda crazy as it is). That being said, he did remain in contact with me although I had to bug him a lot. He accommodated me requesting custom plates because he makes generic ones that require drilling into the straight sportster fender struts and I wanted bolt on. I drew up custom plates and sent him the template which he matched exactly. He also accommodated me wanting to mount them to the inside of the struts because I hate when they are just slapped onto the outside, so he welded the plates differently. He also has hexagon stock steel which you dont find often. I requested that he did not weld a cross bar across the bottom, although he did anyways but I just wanted it so I didnt say anything. Problem is now its about 1/2" wider than it needs to be when I rest it on top of the struts for a visual mock up. Also one of the plates is welded crooked by a few degrees so tonight will be the moment of truth if I can squeeze it together enough below the cross bar he put on, otherwise that shit is getting chopped off. It is made very well, welds are clean, bar is symmetrical and overall is what I ordered besides that one detail. I probably wouldn't order one again because there are too many variables to get right but was satisfied that he worked with my special requests.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;