CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Shake down!

Finally got to ride the damn thing. Two weeks ago we got approx. 28” of snow, so there is still piles of it everywhere but the roads r clear. So far nothing has rattled loose. Had a issue with the exhaust rattling against each other and was able to fix that. Only issue now is the chain is rubbing against the sprocket towards the inside of the wheel. But here’s a quick pic I snagged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2F3CC3A-0C53-4819-8119-1268981BEE75.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	83509

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks good.

Get Adobe Flash player

that paint is really cool. nice job man!

Get Adobe Flash player

This build is awesome. I'm on the final stretch with mine. Where did you end up stashing your electronics? I came up with a way to use the stock battery tray and battery under the oil tank, and was intending to stash the starter relay and circuit breakers under the seat / behind the oil tank.

Edit: Did not realize you are in Point until I went back through this thread. I'm from Wausau, been in Eau Claire for the past 15 years though. I have a bunch of friends in Wausau that I ride with (we just did the Lake Superior loop, I highly recommend).
    Last edited by boneseauc; 07-06-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by boneseauc View Post
    This build is awesome. I'm on the final stretch with mine. Where did you end up stashing your electronics? I came up with a way to use the stock battery tray and battery under the oil tank, and was intending to stash the starter relay and circuit breakers under the seat / behind the oil tank.

Edit: Did not realize you are in Point until I went back through this thread. I'm from Wausau, been in Eau Claire for the past 15 years though. I have a bunch of friends in Wausau that I ride with (we just did the Lake Superior loop, I highly recommend).
    With the haifley bros hardtail, all the electronics are stashed in the horseshoe oil tank(oil tank wraps around the battery). I ran in-line fuses instead of circuit breakers. Wiring still needs cleaning up but that’s for this winter.

Haven’t done the superior loop yet. We just finished riding down to Chicago and back on Lake Michigan last month. Then up to Hayward few weeks ago. My IG is @jrouse11. Got a lot of photos from on the road around Wisconsin.

Get Adobe Flash player

Awesome! Found you on the IG. Did you ditch the starter relay? Or stuff it in behind the oil tank? I *think* I found a way to run the battery under the tank, and fit a box with circuit breakers and the starter relay in behind the oil tank.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by boneseauc View Post
    Awesome! Found you on the IG. Did you ditch the starter relay? Or stuff it in behind the oil tank? I *think* I found a way to run the battery under the tank, and fit a box with circuit breakers and the starter relay in behind the oil tank.
    Starter relay is behind the tank. Mounted it off one of the bolts holding the tank in. If u pick up a anti-gravity lithium battery, 1201 I think, you can fit it in the tank as well to keep the battery hidden.

Man your bike looks killer!

Get Adobe Flash player

Updated the pipes on my bike. Picked up a set of paughco split upsweeps. Didn’t want to run fishtails on this bike, so I cut those off and added lowbrow’s aluminum ripple tips. I also don’t have any sort of exhaust mount on the frame since I had the shotgun pipes and didn’t need any.

Paughco’s support and plus frame clamp is too small for the Haifley hardtail so I picked up a clamp to replace it, and drilled new holes for the pipes to mount to the support bar. Currently trying to find a clamp with a long enough tail to mount the top pipe so I can eliminate the support bar.

Name:	B77B204A-9AFF-4DB8-81F2-6DF20054CC9B.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	92351

Name:	03A1EF3A-488A-44A2-9581-ECF479281927.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	92352

Name:	2E39BFDF-07C5-469E-A495-C76F177AA178.jpg 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	92353

Name:	FA09E285-3F8D-4C76-A338-3940B931150F.jpg 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	92354

Name:	CD9FC892-ED3C-40C1-942F-1C9570E77725.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	92355

Get Adobe Flash player

Name:	B796B2BE-F2BD-46C4-831A-3C711BDB9CE0.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	92356
    (Don’t mind the garage, in the process of moving)

Name:	E615F8BF-F80C-40F0-8171-1B7F7ED782A1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	92357

Get Adobe Flash player

Looking good. I really dug the shotguns too but these are classic. Def agree to find a way to conceal the big brace on these pipes. I just love how clean these hardtails look on the stock frames. As much as I love my stock bike, makes me really want to hack it up and do a haifley Kit.

Get Adobe Flash player

So I mounted a 3 piece clamp for the top pipe, hacked up the brace paughco supplies. Used that to make a bracket to extend off the clamp an attach the top pipe. Not sure how much that will create a rotation point, but only time will tell. Planning on stripping the bike back down and welding up some actual tabs to eliminate the frame clamps. But that’s for next winter.

Name:	B92D21A6-8EB6-4592-BD4D-2BB3E4D70F1D.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	92622

Share This