CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default '14 trying to move the damn switches

Made a nice little bracket this weekend to relocate my switches by the seat, went to check out the connections on the switch housings only to find that there's a fucking circuit board in each one and they run off the CAN Bus garbage. 2014+ models of course...

I was just going to relocate everything, trip, start, kill, and turn signals. Turn signals were going to be on the same momentary (on) off (on) switch. I'm not the best with electrical but I can usually rewire some switches.

I have an old turn signal module from my '97 project that I could use to wire up some new turn signals I think. Not that I really need that shit anyways. Nobody sees em, that's why I ripped em off on my '97

It looks like the kill switch has its own wire, so I can probably get that going.

I can trace out the starter and probably figure that out. Or just get a solenoid button.

Headlights are no worries because I'm already just straight wiring those up.

The one I really am clueless on is the Trip button. I use it a lot, for gas, revs, trips, odom. Would be nice to keep it, else I really need a sight gauge on my tank.

If there's a way I can just get rid of the whole CAN Bus system, I'd love to do that. But keep the fuel injection (at least for now) Has anyone messed with it that can help me out?

Here's all the wiring https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....a8ca90c92!!1!2

Get Adobe Flash player

It's been touched on here before... I think in the how tos
    You could "just" reroute the wire(s) and clamp the pod(s) around a frame tube or something

Get Adobe Flash player

^^^^ Yep that's about the size of it..^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sky he's real good at fabing things up he should do just fine...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    It's been touched on here before... I think in the how tos
    You could "just" reroute the wire(s) and clamp the pod(s) around a frame tube or something
    The frame tubes on the rubber mounts are much bigger diameter than the rigids. I did cut a piece of leftover DOM tube, drilled some holes in it, mounted the controls, and zip tied it to the only non-obnoxious spot I could think of. Just temporary. But it’s super annoying already having them all the way down there. And the bike won’t start in gear now because the left housing has a “clutch” switch as a safety net for dummies. I could just tape it down so it’s depressed, but I’m not sure what other things it might tell the computer. Bike seems to pull a little more without the housings on, I wonder if that clutch switch pushes the bike into a lean idle or something when depressed.

Overall a relatively disheartening experiment. I was really just expecting a 30 minute switch swap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D9524702-FDE5-43FF-A58B-31EFA296EDB9.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	80113

Share This