Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flatman
    • Sep 2017

Spark ez

Anybody got any of these? Rubber spark plug ends with kinda of a wire spring with a tang that goes in the wire. Used to get a card board page full from Dixie. They work great but I have now run out. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by flatman
    Anybody got any of these? Rubber spark plug ends with kinda of a wire spring with a tang that goes in the wire. Used to get a card board page full from Dixie. They work great but I have now run out. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Have you looked on ebay??

Comment

• flatman
      • Sep 2017

Yes, looked at Ebay, nothing

Comment

• flatman
        • Sep 2017

Well after hours of scouring the net, found alittle something. The spring/tang thingy is a homelite part. Only problem is they are for a 5mm sparkplug wires and so is the rubber sparkplug end. Gonna have to buy a couple and see if the springy thing will work with 7mm rubber sparkplug ends. The tang thing sure works better than the regular L shaped rolled tin end. 2 cents

Comment

• nuklhd
          • Sep 2013

I can't tell what you are asking for. I buy stuff here. http://www.riwire.com/
          look up f140 in the site and tell me if that's what your talking about?

Comment

• flatman
            • Sep 2017

No thats not it. But the application/location is correct. It fits inside a 90 degree rubber sparkplug boot. I finally was able to find some sources for the spring/wire tang part. They are used on lawn mowers, and weedwackers, chainsaws. If they have a rubber boot its for a 5mm spakplug wire, not the 7mm most motorcycles use. My local Husquavarna , chainsaw,dealer was out of them but could order some for 8 bucks apiece. I declined. Think of it as a short coil (this is the part that fits the top nipple of the sparkplug) of wire with a short L shaped tang off of it. You shove the wire up against the coil and the tang pierces into the sparkplug wire hitting the core wire. Lube up the inner part of the 90 degree rubber boot and push it home. These work great on motorcycle.

Comment

• flatman
              • Sep 2017

Ok so, www.partsreloaded.com has them, I assume for 7mm sparkplug wire, $1.45 apiece, listed as Sparky plug cap. Whew..... Well ,anyway ,these work great for any custom plug wires you might have to make. Sorry for the long thread on sparkplug ends, but in the end I will get what I wanted in the first place.

Comment

• DustyDave
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by flatman
                Ok so, www.partsreloaded.com has them, I assume for 7mm sparkplug wire, $1.45 apiece, listed as Sparky plug cap. Whew..... Well ,anyway ,these work great for any custom plug wires you might have to make. Sorry for the long thread on sparkplug ends, but in the end I will get what I wanted in the first place.
                When you get them let us know if they are 7 mm and decent quality.
                Dusty
                Driving that train, high on cocaine
                Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• flatman
                  • Sep 2017

Looks like what I wanted. Can't say for sure about the rubber boot. Have no way to test the rubber. Looks good. but who knows? Package said made in Taiwan........

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;