Project bike is eating my lunch. Im in need if instructions lol.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimneycricket
    • Nov 2017

Project bike is eating my lunch. Im in need if instructions lol.

Anyone Know where I can find a PDF of a 1987 VT 700 minimal wiring diagram?
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

I don't but the stock schematic from your service manual can be broken down into charging, ignition and lighting systems. You should learn how to do that.

Crude way is scan the book diagram and print a few copies then use colored pencils (they are thinner than highlighters) to highlight each system separately. The Air Force used to use this method in training and it works very well.

If you can find a .pdf manual to download you can zoom on confusing sections and print whatever you want.

BTW Harley circuit breakers beat the shit out of fuses. Blade style breakers to fit blade fuse holders are smaller and useful too.

If in doubt, post pics here for comments.

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by farmall
      I don't but the stock schematic from your service manual can be broken down into charging, ignition and lighting systems. You should learn how to do that.

Crude way is scan the book diagram and print a few copies then use colored pencils (they are thinner than highlighters) to highlight each system separately. The Air Force used to use this method in training and it works very well.

If you can find a .pdf manual to download you can zoom on confusing sections and print whatever you want.

BTW Harley circuit breakers beat the shit out of fuses. Blade style breakers to fit blade fuse holders are smaller and useful too.

If in doubt, post pics here for comments.
      Dam you learn something everyday, if your opened minded.

Comment

• MOTher
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by farmall

Rather than use pencils, I open the scan in Microsoft paint, and go over just the lines I need in brighter colors. Then I print it out.

Comment

• 63SSRagtop
          • May 2017

Found a chopped diagram on a 600.. not sure how they differ but could use this is a guide to highlight the circuits on a 700 diagram to see.. might help ya!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Honda%u00252BVT600CD%u00252BChop%u00252BWiring%u00252BFinal%u00252BVer..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	1299689

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;