Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustDeamon
    • Sep 2013

Chop it or burn it?

so some one handed me this steaming pile of neglect and broken parts. My question is these 82 xj's are fairly easy to find parts for, would you chop it or burn it (strip it sell of parts scavenge anything useful) look the pictures over carefully theres some scary shit hiding in them.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1574.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	1341940Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1577.jpg
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	1341941Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1579.jpg
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	1341942Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1580.jpg
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	1341943
  • RustDeamon
    • Sep 2013

OK so the scary shit isn't hiding it's pretty much right out front. the other alternative is to strip it down and build my kid a 3 wheeled go cart with the old snowblower engine transmission I have out back. not sure which way to jump on thsi one its been killing space in my already too friggen tight garage for almost 2 weeks.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Pass it on........... You need the room..........

Comment

• RustDeamon
        • Sep 2013

its almost a toss up I'd rather work on this crap heap than my wife scooter she bought with no title....... yeah, bought a scooter no title so now I have 2 paper weights in my garage.
        Last edited by RustDeamon; 10-27-2017, 7:24 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by RustDeamon
          its almost a toss up I'd rather work on this crap heap than my wife scooter she bought with no title....... yeah, bought a scooter no title so now I have 2 paper weights in my garage.
          Pass them both on............. Don't waste your time working on worthless junk..... Well that is unless your independently wealthy......... If you are... Have fun..........

Comment

• RustDeamon
            • Sep 2013

I wish. If I was indep[endantly wealthy my garage would be a mite bit larger....and have heat
            Last edited by RustDeamon; 10-27-2017, 7:24 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

I wish. If I was indep[endantly wealthy my garage would be a mite bit larger....
              LOL Yea that's what I was thinking.......... Unless you enjoy working with your kid, pick a better more profitable project..... Now that's just my suggestion and you did ask for it...
              What ever you do have a good time doing it....

Comment

• DonkeyShow
                • Oct 2017

Part it out. It's too common to waste your time and money on a "fixer upper".

Comment

• RustDeamon
                  • Sep 2013

Anyone looking for parts? I'm probably going to stick with my original plan tear it down and offload anything people need, it'll fire up so there's probably plenty of good internals but I'm not bothering with it. I'm gonna use (some of) the frame and build my kiddo a sloppy jalopy like she wants. who knows what else is fucked on this bike all the lights cables fenders tank are crap, carbs are junk mostly wirings been hacked by a moron I wouldn't let touch my fucking bicycle.

Comment

• RustDeamon
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Tattooo
                    LOL Yea that's what I was thinking.......... Unless you enjoy working with your kid, pick a better more profitable project..... Now that's just my suggestion and you did ask for it...
                    What ever you do have a good time doing it....
                    Of course I asked for it... If you'd said "are you fucking stupid scrap it..." I'd have respected that. I didn't ask to hear what I wanted to hear I asked to see if it fell in your lap would you burn it or build it.

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

Of course I asked for it... If you'd said "are you fucking stupid scrap it..." I'd have respected that. I didn't ask to hear what I wanted to hear I asked to see if it fell in your lap would you burn it or build it.

LOL Well damn I guess me trying to be nice isn't working.... Your the second person that has said that....

So... WTF are you thinking???? That's a piece of crap sell or give it away..... LOL Is that better??? LOL

Comment

• RustDeamon
                        • Sep 2013

yeah it is. I don't ask opinions to hear my words out of others mouths I actually want their opinions, as strange as that is these days, T^

Comment

• DustyDave
                          Super Moderator
                          • Oct 2012

I think they have great potential for a low bucks chop and they are fast. I always hated the bars he had me build but other than that it made a quite usable reliable chopper.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Yamachopper 037.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	1298622
                          Dusty
                          Driving that train, high on cocaine
                          Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                          Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                          And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

They were good machines and I've gotten plenty worse running for customers.

It runs? Sell it cheap. You'll have more money than you started with. Buy a titled scooter for wife and preserve domestic bliss.

I wouldn't part it out because I wouldn't want the leftovers taking up space.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;