Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay235
    • Aug 2017

05 nighttrain vs 2012 superglide

Looking at getting another bike itll be between the nightrain and superglide....one is 88ci 5 speed other is 96ci 6 speed both bout same price. Any suggestions??? Opinions??
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Both are great bikes and very similar.........

Comment

• Strangler
      • Mar 2015

I'd go Dyna all the way. Softails always handle funny to me. The 96"/6S is a great package.

Comment

• bobscogin
        • Jun 2011

If you gotta have a Twin Cam, get the 2012 . At least you get the marginally improved hydraulic cam chain tensioners.

Bob

Comment

• ericthebrown
          • Feb 2013

Biased opinion but I'd go for the nightrain. 88" can be hopped to 95 no problem, the 5 speed is easier to work on if needed, you didn't say if the 05 is carbed or not but the stock cv is a good set and forget it cart. I had an 06 nightrain I bored to 95" and did the gear drive cam setup with Andrew's 37g and I had 90/95 HP/tq. Had a blast with it, the fat ass took a little getting used to but the 05 didn't have it unless someone did a swap.

Comment

• Jay235
            • Aug 2017

Im leaning toward the nighttrain ima test em both out in next couple days c which one i like

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Jay235
              Im leaning toward the nighttrain ima test em both out in next couple days c which one i like
              I would also pic the Nighttrain but it's not my money or choice.......

Comment

• Jay235
                • Aug 2017

2 for night train 2 for the dyna ...can we get a tie breaker hahah

Comment

• HedleyLamarr
                  • Jun 2012

I have an 05 Standard....so I'm biased toward the softail design, but what bobscogin said is very true; the tensioners can be a serious issue. I swapped mine out with gear drive S&S cams (the tensioners pretty much shattered upon removal), but then eventually got a new oil pump and cam plate, giving me a set of hydraulic tensioners anyway that now sit in a box. If I swap cams again, it's nice to know I can now go either way

Comment

• afraziaaaa
                    • Jul 2012

Both are fuel injected twin cams, so my vote is neither!

I agree with bob. The 2012 will be an improvement on the TC design. Plus, it's a super glide and that is a + IMO.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;