X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rubman
    • Dec 2011

That Time I Pulled a Gun on an Uber Driver Two Weeks Ago

Hey fellas, long time no talk.

So, a couple weeks back, our homeboy comes home from the Navy for good. Dude did four years, came home, and was like, "Alright, well, I got unemployment until I land a gig, so I'm just gonna relax and kick it a bit."

He'd been a devout North Jersey'er our entire fuckin' lives, and whenever I'd even mention the word Philly to this cat, he'd fuckin' gag.

I extended my typical, "Hey man, come get down in Philly; we'll make sure we fuckin' tie one off real good" invitation, and I'm sitting here expecting a flat, "Nah, fuck Philly, bro." But for whatever reason, homeboy was like, "Alright, yeah, let's boogie."

Now, this particular friend is one of those dudes where--and mind you, I'm not saying I'm NOT still a fuckin' hoodlum--but he's one of those dudes that just always takes shit to an extra level. Like, I eat with plastic utensils around this kid because honestly, half the fuckin' time I don't know whether or not things are gonna go the way of an old knife fight.

So anyway, he comes out, and we really fuckin' do the damn thing. For like, 14 hours, we're just tossing shit back and going crazy and having fun, and being trash humans. I should also mention that one of the reasons I love this particular homeboy like I do is because he and I could go years without seeing each other, and when he's around, we pick things up like noting happened.

So, we shut down the last bar we're at, call an Uber, and roll back to our place. Now, when I say we're trashed, I mean we're fucking trashed. To give y'all a little perspective on just how trashed we all are, my housemate (Adam, who I've known since I was a little baby), was in the Uber with us, and somehow, by the time we got back to the house, Corey and I forgot that Adam had come back in the same fucking Uber with us, and we thought we accidentally left him at the last bar. Mind you, fellas, that this fucking dude was in a car with us literally 2 or 3 minutes prior to our confusion. I was just like, "Oh fuck, we lost Adam."

So, I go to grab my phone and text him, and realize that it's gone. And I'm like, "Ah fuck, I must've left it at the bar or whatever." I call it using Corey's phone, and a dude picks up. He explains that I left it in the back seat of the Uber, and that if I wanted it back--my own fucking phone--I was going to have to pay him $200 for it.

I put him on hold real quick, and I tell Corey what's going on. I pitched him my idea, and he doesn't give a fuck and is down for whatever, so he's just like, "Yeah, fuck it. Let's do it."

I unmute the phone, tell the Uber driver how grateful I am that he's so graciously giving me the opportunity to get my phone back, and that $200 was more than fair for my drunken stupidity. He tells us where to meet him (a very public street in this particular neighborhood in Philadelphia, where he was silly enough to think I wouldn't wyle the fuck out because of fear of cameras or cops or passersby or whatever), I give Corey back his phone, and Immediately walk upstairs to grab my gun.

Now, just so I'm clear and so no one tries giving me the business for it, I have a concealed carry license out here, and at this point in my life, I'm too fuckin' old and have literally nothing to prove to anyone about how tough I am. My little single stack glock fits right in my tight-ass skinny jeans, I throw a flannel on over it, and I'm good to go. My only rule is that I'm a fuckin' knuckle head when I'm drinking, so I NEVER bring it out to the bar. This was a special set of circumstances, and far as I'm concerned, this cock sucker got everything he had coming.

So I get up there, grab my shit, we order another Uber to go meet the other Uber to get my shit back, and we show up about 10 minutes before this guy. I'm still smoothing him out with the dumb drunk apologetic guy schtick, and I can just imagine his cock sucker frothing up at the idea of an easy two hundo.

He rolls up, gets out of the car, and confidently strides over like that dude in every bar who thinks you won't hit him because you're under surveillance; the sly little "I got you!" smile on his face and shit.

He comes up, we shake his hand, and now, I don't pull the thing out and point it at him. And I'm not about to say I brandished a weapon at this man or anything like that, but somehow or another, he found out I was carrying. I demand he gives my shit back, and as he does, Corey politely helps himself to his wallet. He doesn't take anything, but he does grab the dude's ID and snaps a quick photo of it. I hadn't even thought of doing that.

Cock sucker starts walking back to his fuckin Hyundai and I stop him and ask if he has any bottles of water or anything. He then proceeds to give us each a bottle of water and apologize for the inconvenience.

And for those of you saying I could have just filed a complaint with Uber, I say: "Eh, you might be right. But what's the fuckin' fun in that, right?"

Oh, and Adam? We went to bed thinking he was fucking dead, because even when we got my phone back and called and texted him a million times, we got no answer. So Corey and I are just sitting on the couch at like, 4 in the morning, thinking, "Welp, rest in peace, I guess."

... Turns out, when we got home, Adam, the drunk fuck, Irish goodbye-ed us and left without saying good night. Dude just went upstairs and passed out. We found him at 11 o'clock the next morning after we all woke up. He had zero fucking clue that any of these events even transpired.
    Last edited by Rubman; 10-18-2017, 10:39 PM.
  • hsoj74
    • Sep 2012

Glad to see your still having good times! I was happy to see a post by you, its been a minute. Thanks for the chuckle...hope all is well!

Comment

• Rubman
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by hsoj74
      Glad to see your still having good times! I was happy to see a post by you, its been a minute. Thanks for the chuckle...hope all is well!
      I'm livin' brother! Still being a low down dirty piece of shit. Wound up doing that cross country rip I was on here yammering about. Eagle Rider and Harley flew me out to Portland, put me on a Street Glide, and then let me rip the fuck out. 3,500 miles in a little over 4 days. This is the picture they took of me the day I dropped the bike off at their DC location.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	B5EE49D8-1CA5-44D3-B28A-18546B2DCFBE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	1298474

How's everyone out here been?

Comment

• nuklhd
        • Sep 2013

rub, were in d.c. are they located. I grew up there.

Comment

• Rubman
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by nuklhd
          rub, were in d.c. are they located. I grew up there.
          They were in Falls Church.

The best part was that I ended up in Richmond the night before, after doing at least 250 miles in the rain. I woke up the next morning, the sun was shining, I grabbed a beer at some yuppie bar in Richmond, and then did the 90~ish miles to D.C. in bumper to bumper traffic. Y'all would have laughed your asses off watching me whip this $30k bagger around through traffic like it was a beat up old Sportster.

They had me on a $0 insurance policy, which basically meant I could have crashed this thing through a school bus full of children, into a bank vault, and then watched the thing blow up and ruin everything, and I wouldn't have had to pay a dollar--and I rode like it, too lol.

Comment

• Hoghead
            • Jun 2015

Yay! Rubman! Welcome back.Riding it like you stole it and taking no shit!

Comment

• Rubman
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Hoghead
              Yay! Rubman! Welcome back.Riding it like you stole it and taking no shit!
              Cheers, brother! I'm trying. Getting old though, man. Hard living makes 27 look pretty fuckin' rough. I'd say a third of my head is completely gray at this point haha.

Comment

• OleDirtyDoc
                • Jul 2013

good to hear from ya

Comment

• Rubman
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by OleDirtyDoc
                  good to hear from ya
                  Long time no talk, man!

I figured this place is finally uncool enough to the point where the drama queens are gone and only the good ones are still kicking around. Besides harassing MadRiverMoCo on Facebook or stalking CRFYou's post history on Reddit, I've got some spare time to come hang out and talk a little shit here every now and again.

How ya been?

Comment

• outlawTA
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Rubman
                    Long time no talk, man!

I figured this place is finally uncool enough to the point where the drama queens are gone and only the good ones are still kicking around. Besides harassing MadRiverMoCo on Facebook or stalking CRFYou's post history on Reddit, I've got some spare time to come hang out and talk a little shit here every now and again.

How ya been?
                    HA! Right on.

Comment

• OleDirtyDoc
                      • Jul 2013

Long time no talk, man!

How ya been?
                      glad to be on the green side,sore as hell and still riding

Comment

• SlyJJ
                        • Mar 2015

I'm livin' brother! Still being a low down dirty piece of shit. Wound up doing that cross country rip I was on here yammering about. Eagle Rider and Harley flew me out to Portland, put me on a Street Glide, and then let me rip the fuck out. 3,500 miles in a little over 4 days. This is the picture they took of me the day I dropped the bike off at their DC location.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]79412[/ATTACH]

How's everyone out here been?
                        Thought you rode a sportster? I mean, I know you borrowed that glide for the ride, but whats your current bike?

Comment

• Rubman
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by SlyJJ
                          Thought you rode a sportster? I mean, I know you borrowed that glide for the ride, but whats your current bike?
                          Current bike is my 78 Shovel that we just put back in the garage to finally get back on the road last week.

Also had a 02 Dyna that I had to sell pretty much as soon as my Dad passed away.

Owned (and loved) an 05 sportster 1200 in like, 2001 or 2002.

Why, what's up?

Comment

• SlyJJ
                            • Mar 2015

Current bike is my 78 Shovel that we just put back in the garage to finally get back on the road last week.

Also had a 02 Dyna that I had to sell pretty much as soon as my Dad passed away.

Owned (and loved) an 05 sportster 1200 in like, 2001 or 2002.

Why, what's up?
                            Curious. The street glide threw me off. I just finished my 77 shovel though I've had a few gremlins to chase through it. Got any photos of your 78?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1063.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	1298632

Comment

• Rubman
                              • Dec 2011

That thing looks nice, dude. The 78 is the bike in my profile photo. You in Philly?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;