Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fings369
    • Oct 2016

Doing some changes on the softail *Paint Fun*

So over the summer I put some dumb long forks on my softy, I decided I didn't like them. Going back to stock, and painting new tins for my ride here's some photos will update soon. Root beer was first coat got runny did some sanding, white is second base coat.
    Attached Files
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Yea I'm with you on the front end..... I had one like that many many years ago and I hated it.............

It looks like you got plenty of paint on it........

Comment

• Fings369
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Tattooo
      Yea I'm with you on the front end..... I had one like that many many years ago and I hated it.............

It looks like you got plenty of paint on it........

Yeah I've learned you can't combine long bars with long forks it one or the other...

There will never be enough paint!!! using an old 6" inline fan to vent my garage and a nice 3m mask, gives me just enough fumes to be creative!!!

Comment

• Fings369
        • Oct 2016

So a little back story on the tank I'm using. I took a survey where I work with the chance of winning 100$ gift card, well it paid off no one else took the survey so I was basically garenteed the card, bought the tank the next day for like 35 bucks win! Primed it that weekend.... And in all my anal retentiveness I decided to shift the fenders a little bit and stood up to fast, headbutting my tank and putting this dent in there... well I learned a little bit about bondo.. It' didn't come out great and I'm sure this wasn't the last bit, but with the paint and gloss It'll be fine for another few years.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Bbqbiker
          • May 2015

Originally posted by Fings369
          So over the summer I put some dumb long forks on my softy, I decided I didn't like them. Going back to stock, and painting new tins for my ride here's some photos will update soon. Root beer was first coat got runny did some sanding, white is second base coat.
          Holy jacked up front ends Batman! Jeeeezus I bet the forks don’t even compress at that angle and they just flex...until metal fatigue takes its toll and a horrible death ensues...

Well you’ve avoided that anyway....paint fumes are a more relaxing way to go

Comment

• Fings369
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Bbqbiker
            Holy jacked up front ends Batman! Jeeeezus I bet the forks don’t even compress at that angle and they just flex...until metal fatigue takes its toll and a horrible death ensues...

Well you’ve avoided that anyway....paint fumes are a more relaxing way to go
            What was killing me was having to hike the bike straight up just to get on it, if I had a longer kickstand they might have stayed on a few more weeks.... doubtful tho...

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

well I learned a little bit about bondo.. It' didn't come out great and I'm sure this wasn't the last bit, but with the paint and gloss It'll be fine for another few years.

Use much less hardener next time........ It will spread out easier if you do...

Comment

• Fings369
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Tattooo
                Use much less hardener next time........ It will spread out easier if you do...
                I bought a ready use tube. It was like 3 bucks and I didn't want to buy a gallon. Next time I better not headbutt a brand new tank!

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

I bought a ready use tube. It was like 3 bucks and I didn't want to buy a gallon. Next time I better not headbutt a brand new tank!
                  Ready to use tube???? It must have been putty??? Not bond........ It will crack later..... But you have to learn........

Comment

• Fings369
                    • Oct 2016

New Paint ProN
                    Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;