Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • habib
    • Mar 2013

Forks on eBay?

I am looking to raise my hugger front end to essentially standard height. Anyone have any insight on forks like these on eBay?

• TheHumbleWelder
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by habib
    I am looking to raise my hugger front end to essentially standard height. Anyone have any insight on forks like these on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-39mm-...pYXEjV&vxp=mtr
    I dont have any personal experience with ebay forks, but I've got a buddy who runs em.
    The chrome on his started to wear through and caused this seals to leak like a stuck pig.

The ones you listed say "hard chrome" but that could be anything, chrome is normally hard, but it all depends on how hard it wears. Show chrome wears out like a mofo

Comment

• Salty
      • Sep 2010

ive seen you posting about extended fork tubes a few times on here.... heres my $.02.....

You've already got lowers so why buy more? A fork rebuild is straight forward and fairly simple. Do you have a HD manual? If not dont buy 400$ parts on ebay.

You can find a nice set of 39mm fork tubes multiple places online and use your existing parts, only having to replace the fork seals. which you should do anyways. Forking by frank sells tubes by length. There are multiple threads that go into this already. Search them out and read the whole thing before starting another thread loooking for the same info.

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

You get what you pay for, for the most part............ You buy cheap parts you will get cheaply made parts.......... Don't complain when the fail in a short time....... It's your call..........

Comment

• Cmfnj
          • Oct 2016

Ive got a stock set of tubes off an 09 xl1200c. measure 24.75" long. Good chrome, just a little dirty, no rust or anything. (They're in the classifieds)

Comment

• bobscogin
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by habib
            I am looking to raise my hugger front end to essentially standard height.
            Huggers have shorter damper tubes than "standard" height forks. You may be able to raise it by going to the lower ones. Do a little research. Could save you some money.

Bob

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;