Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fredo
    • Jul 2009

Products review

I know it will seem like I'm cupping biltwell's balls here but let the truth be known.
    I spent the last year farting around building a bike (78 shvl rigid) in that year I have placed and removed more parts then I should on any build. I finnaly decided to quit fucking around and went with local guys who I have ridden, camped and broken bread with many times. I'm talking about those nut jobs from biltwell. Chris, Bill and Harold are about as stand up as you can get. They won't bullshit you with back slaping you dont deserve and they don't bullshit you with crappy parts either.

On my build I used the pipe builders kit, a second generation seat hinge and their forward controls and chump bars.

Seat hinge; I got my first seat hinge from Biltwell a while back. Being the gorrilla I am I over tightened the pivot bolt and 6 months later the hinge failed. When I tried to order a replacement Bill would not let me pay for it. Even though it was obvioulsy my fault, he told me that a few other guys have made the same mistake also. The remedy was he would GIVE me a new one.
    Not a 1st gen one,but one that was redesigned to keep dip-shits like me from over tightening the pivot bolt. I have had that hinge on my bike for over 5 months now and it works and looks as flawless as the day I first got it in my hairy palmed mits.

Builders Pipe Kit: Not much to say here, the kit comes with everything you need to build a bitchen set of pipes for your Shvl or Pan or Ironhead or STD heads and Evo. There are enough U bends and straight peices to build a set of pipes and still have enough left over to start a second set. Quality of the parts is above average. A cut here a weld there and you're golden. I've made two sets using thier kits and will continue to use them for any pipe I build. I have a new kit on the shelf in the garage for my next bike.

Forward Foot Controls: WOW, talk about flexibility! The simplistic design of these forwards allows even a novice builder like me to make it happen. I say simplistic, however hidden in the clean simple lines of these forwards you'll find adjustability to rival one off sets. I am able to adjust width, travel and foot position without making a singal cut. Simply ubolt and place the components where and how you need them to be for your riding style and comfort.
    They work smoothly and have a positive feel.
    Almost every bike I've had was set up with footboards. I have to admit I was a bit aprehensive going to forwards. I did not think I'd like them but I was in a pinch trying to get ready for the Gypsy Run and ground Zero. Man was I ever wrong about forwards! Material quality, fit, feel, comfort, adjustablity and most importantly usability make these forwards one of the best choices I've made on this bike.

Chump bars: In a word "OUTSTANDING"

If you're looking for parts for your build then contact Biltwell Inc. It's good to know we can still find vendors that stand behind the product with their name on it.
    tell 'em Fredo sent ya.
    Last edited by Fredo; 08-24-2009, 5:06 PM.
  • RockinRyan
    • Aug 2009

I also hear they put together a really bitchin' chopper site. =P

But seriously, I've only met the Biltwell guys once and i can already tell their a stand-up crew. Plus there isn't a part they sell that I couldn't see me using on a bike.

Comment

• Halwade
      • Apr 2024

Thanks for the kind words, Fredo. We feel the same way about 99.9% of our customers, which is why we keep doing shit like ChopCult, Biltwell Bash, Slab City Riot, Chop Meet, EDR, etc.

It damn sure isn't because we're getting rich!

This business is hard as hell, but the people we've met and the trips we've been on make EVERY BIT OF IT worth while.

Thanks to the rest of you for all your support.

Harold "McGoo" McGruther

Comment

• BryanEOD
        • Aug 2009

And the kids dig'em too....
        Since I am stuck in the desert I have been ordering parts for my new scoot. Picked up some new Frisco's and the wife sent that pic. My little dood approves of the quality!

Comment

• BlueCollarMoto
          • Apr 2024

Those new polished Stainless Steel Risers are the shit! Thanks Bill!

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
            • Aug 2009

I couldn't agree more; the Biltwell guys are awesome. I've pm'd Bill quite a few times on here and the JJ and he's always been more than willing to answer my bonehead questions.
            I'm going to be buying the Biltwell pipe set in the next couple of weeks so it's good to hear all the good things that you, Fredo, have to say about them.
            Everyone always has good things to say about the Biltwell guys; hopefully I'll be able to make it to Slab City and thank those guys in person.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;