Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 12Paths
    • Sep 2017

Dellorto dhla 40 help!!!

Hello all! First post. I just reworked the whole top end on my 71...s&s heads, 84" stroker 4.5 case, s&s 8.5 stroker pistons, 514 s&s cam...kick only!
    ...Here is the problem,
    I also put dhla 40 supposedly rebuilt on this build also. I set the timing at 32 with mechanical advancement per the drilled timing plate method. But...
    ---I can get it to start and run but on for a few minutes. Then it's kick and fire but no run. I think I tore a calf muscle! Lol
    ---Anyone have recommends on the base tuning or settings for this carb? I am getting my ass kicked!
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

If it runs OK then quits running it's starving or flooding. If I or a trusted bro didn't rebuild a carb I don't consider it rebuilt. Carbs also get banged around in shipping so float height may not be correct.

Start, run until it shuts down and won't start then pull plugs. Wet or dry?

Comment

• 12Paths
      • Sep 2017

Plugs are dry and black. Have to do 2-5 squirts before kicking...I will float check for sure. Thanks!

Comment

• 12Paths
        • Sep 2017

Well I think the fuel petcock is to close to level with the bowl to fill properly when on kickstand angle. The float works but is a little finicky with the angle of carb. Any ideas on that?

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

They are known to be finicky. Maybe lowering the float level would help.

Comment

• KBoarts
            • Oct 2016

I have a few scans about HD tuning for dhla carbs. I sold mine a few years ago but still have the literature. I'd be happy to send it to you if you want to send me your email.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;