Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GSBobber1980
    • Aug 2017

Can anyone identify this Triumph frame?

The rust-colored one is said to be a Triumph frame. Looking to get some more info on it if anyone can tell what it is.

And heck, the red one too. But the owner doesn't know anything about it.

IMG_7730
    IMG_7731
    photos uploader
  • Sky
    • Aug 2009

Rusty one looks like unit trump 1963 and up
    Red looks to like maybe pre unit or a jap vertical twin?
    Maybe a sloper?
    I'm sure DougTIA could write us a chapter or two

Comment

• GSBobber1980
      • Aug 2017

After they get identified, the next question would be are they worth $50 each?

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Unless you have some actual need for them I wouldn't give that much. Not sure what that red abortion began life as.

Most I'd go to get the unit Triumph frame as trade bait (or to avoid butchering a non-OIF Triumph frame because fuck that!) would be fifty for the pair and then it would likely hang on the wall until I croak. An OIF Triumph neck could be welded in place of the existing neck if you or someone else get one.

You were wise to ask before spending money. I don't see anything there worth slicing out to use on your project. New tubing ain't expensive. Make the rounds of your local steel suppliers instead of using scrap and you'll be much happier.

BTW your GS is a vastly better engine than any older Triumph, and I LIKE older Triumphs!

Comment

• Dougtheinternetannoyance123
          • Apr 2012

Sure they are worth $50 ea,, The red one is weird,, but its so modified hard to say exactly,, but those are some stupid ass struts on it. but it looks matchless or AJS to me but badly butchered. The swing arm might be saveable and if you can id it worth about $25-50 to the right person. But the rest of it is scrap.
          But the rusty frame is cool. Thats a typical 70-80s aftermarket chop frame. I have a NOS Santee very similar. (Never been built, bought it from an old shop inventory) But there was a lot of companies that came and went that built similar frames. I just bought a very similar frame last weekend,, Nice lines and I have all the bits to hang off of it. So,, worth it to me. Paid $250. If anyone can weld and fab the same frame for $50 my hats off to you. (Dont forget about your time and materials) But retail look at what Factory metal works or lowbrow charges. (or BCS or other vendors)
          But the problem will be,,,,,,,,, what do you intend to do with it. (Did i miss a posting somewhere?) If you have to buy the parts once by one it will be a spendy build. But if you have a donor bike....... or a lot of parts then its a good deal. I have seen a number of people looking to chop up a perfectly nice stock bike and years later usually regretted it.
          You COULD install your parts on this aftermarket frame and ride till your back cant take it anymore,, then switch back.
          Sure beats some of the goofy builds others are doing. (IE: Struts and extended forks on a stock rake).

That being said,,,,,,,, A couple weeks ago at the AMCA regional meet & swap meet,, I bought a screwed up Triumph chop frame for $37.00
          Why?? Hang some parts off it, paint it bass boat sparkles and sell it to a hipster clothing shop or drinking establishment to use for ambiance and attitude. I would never ride that frame as the metal work is suspect, but its perfect for posers who just want some cool atmosphere while they sell Jean vests, MotoStuka gloves, and skinny jeans. Perfect for Hipsters with Low T.

Comment

• razorrichter
            • Mar 2014

red one is royal enfield

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;