Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dystopia
    • Oct 2015

Ironhead Chain Tensioner?!

Hey anyone running a chain tensioner on their bolt-on/hardtail Ironhead?

Having issues finding space to mount a monstercraftsman chain tensioner seems like there not enough room (wheel is very close to lower tube no clearance and would need allot more slack on chain).

Anyone got any photos where they put theres?

Also was wondering could I mount the chain tensioner from the top instead of bottom any rules about which way it needs to sit etc?

cheers
  • tzienlee
    • Apr 2024

NEVER fit to the top, power drive run of the chain.
    if you must fit one it has to be on the slack lower run of the chain or you can fuck ya chain early and even the tensioner can be fucked & ripped off the frame causing damage who knows where.

Comment

• 53rigid
      • Mar 2010

I have one on mine, but the frame was widened to fit a 180 rear tire and it is still tight. Maybe a weld on? Mine is a bolt on.

Comment

• dystopia
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by tzienlee
        NEVER fit to the top, power drive run of the chain.
        if you must fit one it has to be on the slack lower run of the chain or you can fuck ya chain early and even the tensioner can be fucked & ripped off the frame causing damage who knows where.
        thanks i thought that might be the case

Originally posted by 53rigid
        I have one on mine, but the frame was widened to fit a 180 rear tire and it is still tight. Maybe a weld on? Mine is a bolt on.
        yeah i have a weld on one, i also have a fat tire at the back (drag car tire). i guess i will need to make the chain longer needs more slack to fit.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
          • Oct 2016

If anyone has pics of one of these chain tensioners welded on a rigid big twin I would love to see them.

Thanks,
          -H

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;