Please Help! Early pauguhco rigied frame.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Localgringo85
    • Aug 2017

Please Help! Early pauguhco rigied frame.

Whats up everyone! Yeah iam new to this form...ok i need some guidance i dont have any mentors or cool biker friends that are into this stuff just a lone wolf..i have a earlybigtwin paughco frame i know a evo motor will fit and i know it has to be a solid mouted motor but my question is from what bike and what year motor can i pull from...so far every part that you see i have picked up at swap meets i dont know what really fits on this frame
    Any help is much appreciated...iam still trying to figure out to post pics
    Last edited by Localgringo85; 08-20-2017, 8:59 PM.
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Any year BT motor should fit from 1948 Pan up no FXR, Twincam, rubbermount etc.... Now the trans could be different depending on the frame..... Try and figure how to post a pic of your frame.....

Comment

• Localgringo85
      • Aug 2017

Thanks man for the response...iam working posting pics off my stupid ass phone..

Comment

• SamHain
        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Tattooo
        Any year BT motor should fit from 1948 Pan up no FXR, Twincam, rubbermount etc.... Now the trans could be different depending on the frame..... Try and figure how to post a pic of your frame.....
        Fxr engine will work.

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by SamHain
          Fxr engine will work.
          Did you just stop reading when you got to FXR I also said..... rubbermount? It depends on the years also......

But yes you are right... Some FXR motors will work....
          Last edited by Tattooo; 08-21-2017, 9:04 AM.

Comment

• SamHain
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Tattooo
            Did you just stop reading when you got to FXR I also said..... rubbermount? It depends on the years also......

But yes you are right... Some FXR motors will work....
            No, I didn't, but since an fxr isn't a twin cam and it is rubber mount, I didn't imagine you meant a combination of all three....
            proper fxr 82-94.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by SamHain
              No, I didn't, but since an fxr isn't a twin cam and it is rubber mount, I didn't imagine you meant a combination of all three....
              proper fxr 82-94.
              LOL It could be all three you never know???? LOL

Comment

• Localgringo85
                • Aug 2017

Shit now iam lost!!! Lol..iam still trying to figure. How to post pics of my build with my "smart phone"

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Localgringo85
                  Shit now iam lost!!! Lol..iam still trying to figure. How to post pics of my build with my "smart phone"
                  Man I wish I could help but I still have a flip phone.... I just down load them to here on CC from my PC..... I hope someone will chime in and help you.....

Comment

• Localgringo85
                    • Aug 2017

Thats what iam gonna do in a few thanks man!

Comment

• Sky
                      • Aug 2009

How do you know an Evo will fit?
                      Some early PG frames were only tall enough for a stock Panhead.
                      If it had an Evo in it before then...
                      Almost any big twin motor you come across should fit in that frame.
                      Flat heads, Knuckles, Pans, Shovels and Evos.
                      Evo was the tallest. Stroked top ends can be taller.
                      So most any aftermarket Harley clone motors will fit as well.
                      Next up is figuring out if its setup for a four speed or five speed transmission.
                      I'd guess four from the pics. But you can make a solid mount five speed work.
                      And then a primary to tie them together. Definitely stay away from rubber mount primary (too short).
                      You can always call Paughco with the frame numbers and see what they have to say...

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

Yea I would also say it's for a 4 speed........ It looks like an early frame so an EVO might not work.... You will need to call or do some measuring like Sky said...... Nice looking start by the way.....

Comment

• Localgringo85
                          • Aug 2017

Thank you guys for all this info iam learning as i go its been a long time coming for me to build a bike..its a nice change of pace for me because i work in the hot rod industry iam tried of fabbing the same old shit everyday at work..when i bought the frame the guy had a BT evo in it just not sure what motor or trans.i contacted paughco to try to get info on the frame but its was kinda a difficult to ID the frame with out numbers on the frame..so right now iam just shoping around for a wrecked bike with a running motor. any sugestions what be a good bike to pull parts off of and motor/trans?

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Localgringo85
                            any sugestions what be a good bike to pull parts off of and motor/trans?

Well without numbers on the frame it's going to be tough as your going to need a title...... That's what you need to decide first.... Do you want a Harley or a builders Special Construction bike..... They are worth different amounts of money.... Once you decide you can go from there....

As far as what motor/bike to buy that all depends on the above.....

Comment

• Localgringo85
                              • Aug 2017

Its mostlikely gonna be a special constructed frame...iam cool with that..it would be cool if i did find nunbers on the frame after i strip the paint off..iam gonna grind all the welds down and tig weld the frame beacuse welds on it look bad from over the years of re welding..just want to bring it back to life

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;