X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HarryTheHump
    • Mar 2016

Wiring help for 94 Softail Heritage chop

Hi guys,

As all of you veterans of this forum have seen and understandably scoffed at many times I am another guy who decided to chop up a 94 heritage softail and have come to the wiring stage which for some reason is far more intimidating now that I've relocated the speedo and ignition. The Clymer manual I bought has a HORRIBLE diagram and I haven't been able to find any better online. Do you folks know of any place I can buy a good, clear, simple diagram so I can finish this thing? I'd like to ride it before the weather goes to shit. I'm installing a mini Drag Specialties speedo with all the indicators built in, so I need all of the wiring. Please don't let my build die. Pretend the bike is a dog in one of those commercials that have the sad cold dogs and the heartrending music in the background that beg you for money. Only in this case I will pay for real help. Here's a few pics to give you an idea of what I've been working towards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SoftieMockup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1341776

Click image for larger version

Name:	Softie Speedo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1341777

Thanks everyone!
  • HarryTheHump
    • Mar 2016

OK, I was pretty inebriated on WV moonshine when I posted this and came off as a dickhead. Seriously, could anyone kick me in the right direction?

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

A Harley manual is the only way to go... It will show you every thing you need to know.... At my age I take it to Staples and have them blow it up then have them laminate it...... That way you can take a marker and trace the wires you need to use..... After that you can clean off the marks..... Hope this is what your after.... Good luck and nice looking bike......

Comment

• Sky
        • Aug 2009

Mighty good idea Tattoo!
        Dry erase markers and all

Good luck Harry. Maybe you need a designated wirer

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Sky
          Mighty good idea Tattoo!
          Dry erase markers and all
          Well thank you.... I've been doing that for about 20 years...... even when I just do a rewire on a pan or what ever..... It's just easier to see and follow.... And I could still see well back then...LOL

Comment

• Ozarksbikebum
            • Oct 2016

Hey Hump;
            Just got here... glad to be here. i'm in the planning/gathering phase on my '92 Flstc, I downloaded the complete Harley Service Manual online (put it on a stick) I printed it off and put the leaves in clear covers and parked it in a school book binder. Sure comes in handy, for grease penciling notes, and it doesn't get crapped up with finger prints.
            I had a Panhead... only had 6 wires. JEEEEZ, can you believe the harness on the factory bikes. My advice, do one circuit at a time,wring it out, then go to the next one. For me it makes things simpler.....Good Luck

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;