Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickG61
    • Oct 2016

Exactly Doug. (I'm not typing that whole name, too lazy, but at least I'm honest about it. LOL Of course, I just typed more than that in my explanation)

I think it was mentioned earlier that they were behind in issues due to some printing cost thingy. I was cool with that and would gladly wait a while to receive my product knowing the truth of what was going on. But now, seems its something more than that, and new answers are few and far between.

Your friend who sold all his shit to make payments sounds a lot like my current boss. Stand up guy. In slow periods of the past, he was the first to take a pay cut. Took out a loan on his own house to make payroll and pay vendors. When times got really tough, he sat us all down and explained the situation. He didn't want to lose anyone, ASKED us all to take a pay cut so EVERYONE could stay employed. We DID. He also insisted we take off one day a week since our pay was being cut. No one did. I think we all worked a little harder and put in more than 40 each week to make things happen. When business picked up, everyone was made good with back pay no one really expected, plus paid bonuses. But, through it all, we were kept posted. That's what help make the difference. Nothing held back, we new just where we stood at any given moment. Treat people right and they'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you. Deceive them, they may be standing toe to toe with you.

That letter said, "Call to discuss options for your refund" Options? Anyway, if you're gonna put that in a letter, be prepared to discuss things, not hide.

I hope they make it too. Not just so I can get my refund, but because I actually like the mag.

Comment

• KevinN
      • May 2014

Wasn't that long ago Hammer himself was bragging on back talk forum that the Horse was the best selling m/c magazine. I'm sure there is a lot of work to put out a publication like the Horse. Some folks have gotten the latest issue and many are still waiting. Perhaps they had a limited printing. Either way it won't be long before subscribers will know, they will survive or tank. Until then its crickets from the Horse staff.

Comment

• Hoghead
        • Jun 2015

Every month I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Horse. Then about the time Flynch came back it went back to the self righteous sniping it was full of in the 90's . Fuck that. I got fed up with the semi literate rantings , ugly 'alt' bikes and dodgy looking women. Now it's vanished off Uk newsstands in the last year. Don't get me wrong- I don't want it gone, but they struck me as being a bit too full of themselves to care what the customer thought.

Comment

• CISO1969
          • Jun 2014

I didn't get issue 171yet I've posted on Fb. Sent messages to them off Fb. Left a message when machine was not full. My renewal is still valid and I received no letter about refunds. Wtf?

Comment

• CISO1969
            • Jun 2014

Basket case is a great mag

Comment

• CISO1969
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by RickG61
              Exactly Doug. (I'm not typing that whole name, too lazy, but at least I'm honest about it. LOL Of course, I just typed more than that in my explanation)

I think it was mentioned earlier that they were behind in issues due to some printing cost thingy. I was cool with that and would gladly wait a while to receive my product knowing the truth of what was going on. But now, seems its something more than that, and new answers are few and far between.

Your friend who sold all his shit to make payments sounds a lot like my current boss. Stand up guy. In slow periods of the past, he was the first to take a pay cut. Took out a loan on his own house to make payroll and pay vendors. When times got really tough, he sat us all down and explained the situation. He didn't want to lose anyone, ASKED us all to take a pay cut so EVERYONE could stay employed. We DID. He also insisted we take off one day a week since our pay was being cut. No one did. I think we all worked a little harder and put in more than 40 each week to make things happen. When business picked up, everyone was made good with back pay no one really expected, plus paid bonuses. But, through it all, we were kept posted. That's what help make the difference. Nothing held back, we new just where we stood at any given moment. Treat people right and they'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you. Deceive them, they may be standing toe to toe with you.

That letter said, "Call to discuss options for your refund" Options? Anyway, if you're gonna put that in a letter, be prepared to discuss things, not hide.

I hope they make it too. Not just so I can get my refund, but because I actually like the mag.
              I never got that letter, I cant get through to them, so let me get this staright, I paid for a subscription, there is still life left on it, but now i need to buy each mag at newstand? I would like a prorated refund from these guys, the way they are handling this is really sad

Comment

• RickG61
                • Oct 2016

They finally replied to me, yesterday. Took a couple of e-mails. My last e-mail was pics of my canceled check showing they did receive my money. They've replied that they will issue a refund now. Lets hope that happens.

Comment

• CISO1969
                  • Jun 2014

Finally replied to me too, saying they are sending out mags now to those due them. Sorry for delay, etc

Comment

• TravelingBone
                    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by CISO1969
                    Finally replied to me too, saying they are sending out mags now to those due them. Sorry for delay, etc
                    I hope that means that they will still be honoring subscriptions, it looks like I sent in my renewal at the exact moment that the proverbial shit was hitting the proverbial fan.

Comment

• DustyDave
                      Super Moderator
                      • Oct 2012

Got this reply this afternoon.
                      "Issue #171 May/June/July is being sent out now. We took over sending out subscriptions because our fulfillment company was making too many mistakes. Now we have over 8000 magazines to send out, so it it taking some time. We apologize for all the delays.
                      On Sep 14, 2017, at 12:11 AM, The Horse BackStreet Choppers (Shopify)"
                      It at Least sounds hopeful.
                      Dusty
                      Driving that train, high on cocaine
                      Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                      Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                      And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• RickG61
                        • Oct 2016

After I got the reply, which said they were bringing subs back in house since other company was screwing them up, I asked if this meant they WOULD be doing subs. They replied quickly. NO. But I could still buy them on news stand or order single issues at their website store. So, looks like no more subs.

Comment

• TravelingBone
                          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by RickG61
                          ...I asked if this meant they WOULD be doing subs. They replied quickly. NO. But I could still buy them on news stand ....
                          Too bad. For me the newsstand is a once or twice a year impulse buy, but that's about it. Newsstand prices are ridiculous.

Guess I'll consider The Horse to be The Dead Horse and start looking around for alternatives.

Comment

• 7and7is
                            • Dec 2012

Cafe Racer is a good rag, however they fucked up my subscription also.

Comment

• TravelingBone
                              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by 7and7is
                              Cafe Racer is a good rag, however they fucked up my subscription also.
                              Thanks for the tip, I'll look into them. I'm also going to give Cycle Source a whirl and see how I like their content (and reliability).

Comment

• 1954bmw
                                • Mar 2015

Bought issue 171 off of ebay, still waiting for it's arrival, Cycle Source has been good so far, cept they use black ink on dark paper and these old eyes can't read it half the time

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;