CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default "The Jockey Journal Board"

I am not that active there, I was posting a few comments on some old threads (that I was interested in).

Then I got a message from the admin saying I must stop...bumping old threads? HAHAHA WTF ?

I think they should rename that board to "The Jackass Journal Board"...

Get Adobe Flash player

If they're telling you not to bump technical threads I don't understand why it's frowned upon if you had another question that wasn't addressed. If all that needed to be said was said, regarding the topic, then I agree - you shouldn't bump it. In other words, If all you had to add to it was saying "nice bike" or "cool" then I can understand. But yeah, tough crowd over there.
    Last edited by LoudPipesSaveLives; 08-07-2017 at 9:45 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LoudPipesSaveLives View Post
    But yeah, tough crowd over there.
    I disagree.......... There is a bunch of Brown nosers and Dick heads over there...... Well the ones at the top are and a couple in the middle.... Many on JJ are still very good friends of mine.... Many have come over here.......

There problem is they don't like people that are smarter than they are.....

Dystopia consider yourself lucky....
    Your in a better place now...... Bump away

Get Adobe Flash player

Might be some are just so old all they want is a circle jerk. (No wonder people sometimes avoid the hobby.) Their forum, their rules.

The most heavily controlled, but for good reason, forum I've seen is Steel Soldiers. In that hobby everyone involved has to be highly experienced to begin with, and the military vehicle restoration hobby doesn't need to recruit noobs. It's for people with high levels of historic research-fu and mechanical, electrical and hydraulic expertise.

You can always create a new post instead of bumping since no one remembers all the threads. No need to continue an old thread, but of course do exhaustive research first since that's the easiest route anyway.

There's nearly nothing 'new' to be done in the old bike world so %99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99 percent of any tech questions have already been answered with every option covered. Someone who gave a shit could flow chart all aspects of building a vintage chopper from the few acceptable donor vehicles. It's actually a very narrow field of interest.

Thread necromancy should be avoided as part of basic netiquette.

Gee shuck dis is kewl hurf durf should be avoided. There are actually very, very few possible questions that aren't repeatedly covered in the many applicable forums.

I have no problems at JJ or anywhere else because I either use them for their intended purpose or ignore them.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by

Thread necromancy should be avoided as part of basic netiquette.
    My question is if you don't want people bumping threads to ask questions on how something was done why let people ask questions at all??? Let it be like a Wikipedia for bikes????

At one time they had more info about bikes than anywhere on the net.... Well that is before Jesse, cotton, I and a few others got booted....

Even on here you have people that start a build thread... Then a little later they start a new one about the tranny and so on... Sometimes it's hard to find a missing part of the build... If you don't ask a question how do you know where it is if your a new guy?????
    Last edited by Tattooo; 08-07-2017 at 1:48 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

They should block old thread bumping in software if they want that.

Their policy isn't clear, and of course they should say they don't want basic questions if they don't want basic questions.

You'll notice I post much more here.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by

Their policy isn't clear, and of course they should say they don't want basic questions if they don't want basic questions.

You'll notice I post much more here.
    Hell there policy changes with what ever works best for the mods at that time..... It was that way back when I was still a member and it hasn't changed years later.... When the Canadian company bought it and the 3 Mods got the big head that's when it started going down hill.......

Yea I've noticed...... LOL

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LoudPipesSaveLives View Post
    If they're telling you not to bump technical threads I don't understand why it's frowned upon if you had another question that wasn't addressed. If all that needed to be said was said, regarding the topic, then I agree - you shouldn't bump it. In other words, If all you had to add to it was saying "nice bike" or "cool" then I can understand. But yeah, tough crowd over there.
    thats the thing it was a fabrication question, on a thread i was watching a while ago. then the admin just deleted all my comments (i am guessing without reading anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    I disagree.......... There is a bunch of Brown nosers and Dick heads over there...... Well the ones at the top are and a couple in the middle.... Many on JJ are still very good friends of mine.... Many have come over here.......

There problem is they don't like people that are smarter than they are.....

Dystopia consider yourself lucky....
    Your in a better place now...... Bump away
    thanks man, chopcult community is definitely more welcoming fuk'em (haven't posted much here but classifieds has been very easy and honest in my opinion).

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by dystopia View Post
    thanks man, chopcult community is definitely more welcoming fuk'em (haven't posted much here but classifieds has been very easy and honest in my opinion).
    Hell they have people scared to death over on JJ to say anything on there classifieds.... Hell even the mod post over here because no one looks at JJ classifieds anymore....

I've fuckem for a while now....
    Last edited by Tattooo; 08-07-2017 at 5:42 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Good to know this is an open accepting forum.... So which oil is best in my Panhead........J/K, J/K....

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post
    Good to know this is an open accepting forum.... So which oil is best in my Panhead........J/K, J/K....

I don't know anything about Panheads but you are welcome here to ask questions........ I'm sure someone here can answer your question..... Your question won't get deleted..... LOL
    Last edited by Tattooo; 08-07-2017 at 5:44 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

the Jockey Journal was great and fun for the first 6 or 7 years.
    anyone that was anyone was there. i've met people there that are still friends in real life and some just on the interweb.
    3 things fucked it up...in this order chronologically.
    1)they decided to exclude jap chops. that pissed off a LOT of folks and a few new forums were created as a result. CC is one of 'em.
    2)Dragon died. he was a tough but fair MOD.
    3) Ryan sold the forum. he admitted from the beginning that motorcycles wasnt his thing. he only created JJ to keep the motorcycle talk off the HAMB.
    it's been an odd place for the last couple years.
    i havent even looked there since it got hacked a year ago and i cant log on...i'm lying..i have looked.

it WAS cool.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post

So which oil is best in my Panhead........J/K, J/K....

I like Mable's ... cans ...!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by beat View Post
    2)Dragon died. he was a tough but fair MOD.

Yep I totally agree...... To me that's when most of the trouble started.... And yes he was tough but very fair..... I bought several items from him...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Hell they have people scared to death over on JJ to say anything on there classifieds.... Hell even the mod post over here because no one looks at JJ classifieds anymore....
    I don't, but I really don't bother with much outside Ebay where my experience has been excellent for many years.

If they want page hits they should have a Junk Pile then place most of their adverts in that forum while leaving the rest usable for the chobberly inclined.

If I dedicate a forum to my own nutsack then delete all posts of other nutsacks and any comment which fail to effusively praise my nutsack, in the end it's my forum and my sack. (Tenderly pats own bollocks.)

If I want to reach a broader audience of sackular enthusiasts I modify my site or add one to take general sack traffic.

Canadians tend to be more reserved than those of us whose ancestors had sufficient sackular fortitude to break away from the Queen-ing stool of British Empire. It's understandable they prefer their own online hugbox (sackbox?). We should forgive our Northern Corporate Appendage then divert even more rapefugees northward in token of our friendship.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Canadians tend to be more reserved than those of us whose ancestors had sufficient sackular fortitude to break away from the Queen-ing stool of British Empire. It's understandable they prefer their own online hugbox (sackbox?). We should forgive our Northern Corporate Appendage then divert even more rapefugees northward in token of our friendship.
    What really did it for Jesse and I after Jesse was stripped of his Mod ship, Because of the other Mods and the Canadians... Was one year someone started a thread it wasn't either of us that said Happy 4th and that post was pulled..... They didn't know why so they did it again and was told not to do it again........ Then they did the same thing for Christmas... That was Roaches doing..... Everyone bitched so much that they had to put it back up.....

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by dystopia View Post
    I am not that active there, I was posting a few comments on some old threads (that I was interested in).

Then I got a message from the admin saying I must stop...bumping old threads? HAHAHA WTF ?

I think they should rename that board to "The Jackass Journal Board"...
    Did you receive a PM from a moderator or an admin?

EDIT: Never mind, I found your posts. You were messaged by a moderator, not an administrator. Different people, different jobs.

I am not the moderator who pulled your posts, but I would suggest that maybe PM'ing that moderator would have been a nice first step, rather than coming to another forum to try and get some help.

For what it's worth, since you aired your laundry publicly, I'll stand at the clothesline and help you. One post I pulled up was a year old, where you bumped it to complain that the photos were no longer visible. Hopefully you recognize A) why that is a waste and B) that Photobucket recently changed their TOS, and many forums across the internet have had the same problem.

On another thread, you appear to have asked Irish Rich Ryan, a legend in his own right who asked for a scan of a very particular page from a parts book if he tried "downloading the books," presumably meaning downloading manuals that occasionally are available illegally online. I'm speaking for Irish Rich here, but I think it's safe to say he owns more manuals than just about anyone. I'm sure he probably checked a few manuals before he posted his question.

Another thread you bumped had this comment: "wow looks like its going to need allot of work, good luck with the resurrection man! (like those narrowed zbars)" I'm not going to get judgmental with you, but perhaps that comment's content was not really a great reason to drag up an older post.

There were a couple other posts that looked a little less flagrant, but my suspicion is that the other mod waded through a few of them, and decided to stop reading your recent posts... it looks like the last time you were in our neck of the woods was 2015.

I had nothing to do with the incident, but I would think that you could understand how bumping a few of those older posts and leaving the comments you did would not be viewed favorably by a moderator. Food for thought.

If you have future problems, you can always message me there and I will help you as best I can.
    Last edited by govmule84; 08-08-2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Little more context once I found the posts.

Get Adobe Flash player

Does it matter ...???

It be the same thought process that runs "Jackass Journal"

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by govmule84 View Post
    Did you receive a PM from a moderator or an admin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragstews View Post
    Does it matter ...???

It be the same thought process that runs "Jackass Journal"

You got that shit right Jesse...... That's why they have less than an average of 10 post a day..... It's really pathetic what they have done to JJ.......

At one time is was the GREATEST Motorcycle knowledge place on the net..... I've said it many times myself..... Now it's just a place for advertisements.....

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by govmule84 View Post

I am not the moderator who pulled your posts, but I would suggest that maybe PM'ing that moderator would have been a nice first step, rather than coming to another forum to try and get some help.

I'll take up for the kid.... How was he to know he should contact a mod??? That's not something that every new guy knows..... All he knew is that he was called down for asking questions.... And those weren't that bad of a questions... Hell I answer that many every other day that are worst than that....

What I would like to see is the PM he got from the mod telling him to stop what he was doing.... I can only imagine what it said and I have a good idea who it was....

Share This