Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dystopia
    • Oct 2015

"The Jockey Journal Board"

I am not that active there, I was posting a few comments on some old threads (that I was interested in).

Then I got a message from the admin saying I must stop...bumping old threads? HAHAHA WTF ?

I think they should rename that board to "The Jackass Journal Board"...
  • LoudPipesSaveLives
    • Aug 2012

If they're telling you not to bump technical threads I don't understand why it's frowned upon if you had another question that wasn't addressed. If all that needed to be said was said, regarding the topic, then I agree - you shouldn't bump it. In other words, If all you had to add to it was saying "nice bike" or "cool" then I can understand. But yeah, tough crowd over there.
    Last edited by LoudPipesSaveLives; 08-07-2017, 9:45 AM.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by LoudPipesSaveLives
      But yeah, tough crowd over there.
      I disagree.......... There is a bunch of Brown nosers and Dick heads over there...... Well the ones at the top are and a couple in the middle.... Many on JJ are still very good friends of mine.... Many have come over here.......

There problem is they don't like people that are smarter than they are.....

Dystopia consider yourself lucky....
      Your in a better place now...... Bump away

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Might be some are just so old all they want is a circle jerk. (No wonder people sometimes avoid the hobby.) Their forum, their rules.

The most heavily controlled, but for good reason, forum I've seen is Steel Soldiers. In that hobby everyone involved has to be highly experienced to begin with, and the military vehicle restoration hobby doesn't need to recruit noobs. It's for people with high levels of historic research-fu and mechanical, electrical and hydraulic expertise.

You can always create a new post instead of bumping since no one remembers all the threads. No need to continue an old thread, but of course do exhaustive research first since that's the easiest route anyway.

There's nearly nothing 'new' to be done in the old bike world so %99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99 percent of any tech questions have already been answered with every option covered. Someone who gave a shit could flow chart all aspects of building a vintage chopper from the few acceptable donor vehicles. It's actually a very narrow field of interest.

Thread necromancy should be avoided as part of basic netiquette.

Gee shuck dis is kewl hurf durf should be avoided. There are actually very, very few possible questions that aren't repeatedly covered in the many applicable forums.

I have no problems at JJ or anywhere else because I either use them for their intended purpose or ignore them.

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by

Thread necromancy should be avoided as part of basic netiquette.
          My question is if you don't want people bumping threads to ask questions on how something was done why let people ask questions at all??? Let it be like a Wikipedia for bikes????

At one time they had more info about bikes than anywhere on the net.... Well that is before Jesse, cotton, I and a few others got booted....

Even on here you have people that start a build thread... Then a little later they start a new one about the tranny and so on... Sometimes it's hard to find a missing part of the build... If you don't ask a question how do you know where it is if your a new guy?????
          Last edited by Tattooo; 08-07-2017, 1:48 PM.

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

They should block old thread bumping in software if they want that.

Their policy isn't clear, and of course they should say they don't want basic questions if they don't want basic questions.

You'll notice I post much more here.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by

Their policy isn't clear, and of course they should say they don't want basic questions if they don't want basic questions.

You'll notice I post much more here.
              Hell there policy changes with what ever works best for the mods at that time..... It was that way back when I was still a member and it hasn't changed years later.... When the Canadian company bought it and the 3 Mods got the big head that's when it started going down hill.......

Yea I've noticed...... LOL

Comment

• dystopia
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by LoudPipesSaveLives
                If they're telling you not to bump technical threads I don't understand why it's frowned upon if you had another question that wasn't addressed. If all that needed to be said was said, regarding the topic, then I agree - you shouldn't bump it. In other words, If all you had to add to it was saying "nice bike" or "cool" then I can understand. But yeah, tough crowd over there.
                thats the thing it was a fabrication question, on a thread i was watching a while ago. then the admin just deleted all my comments (i am guessing without reading anything).

Originally posted by Tattooo
                I disagree.......... There is a bunch of Brown nosers and Dick heads over there...... Well the ones at the top are and a couple in the middle.... Many on JJ are still very good friends of mine.... Many have come over here.......

There problem is they don't like people that are smarter than they are.....

Dystopia consider yourself lucky....
                Your in a better place now...... Bump away
                thanks man, chopcult community is definitely more welcoming fuk'em (haven't posted much here but classifieds has been very easy and honest in my opinion).

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by dystopia
                  thanks man, chopcult community is definitely more welcoming fuk'em (haven't posted much here but classifieds has been very easy and honest in my opinion).
                  Hell they have people scared to death over on JJ to say anything on there classifieds.... Hell even the mod post over here because no one looks at JJ classifieds anymore....

I've fuckem for a while now....
                  Last edited by Tattooo; 08-07-2017, 5:42 PM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                    • Oct 2016

Good to know this is an open accepting forum.... So which oil is best in my Panhead........J/K, J/K....

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                      Good to know this is an open accepting forum.... So which oil is best in my Panhead........J/K, J/K....

I don't know anything about Panheads but you are welcome here to ask questions........ I'm sure someone here can answer your question..... Your question won't get deleted..... LOL
                      Last edited by Tattooo; 08-07-2017, 5:44 PM.

Comment

• beat
                        • Apr 2016

the Jockey Journal was great and fun for the first 6 or 7 years.
                        anyone that was anyone was there. i've met people there that are still friends in real life and some just on the interweb.
                        3 things fucked it up...in this order chronologically.
                        1)they decided to exclude jap chops. that pissed off a LOT of folks and a few new forums were created as a result. CC is one of 'em.
                        2)Dragon died. he was a tough but fair MOD.
                        3) Ryan sold the forum. he admitted from the beginning that motorcycles wasnt his thing. he only created JJ to keep the motorcycle talk off the HAMB.
                        it's been an odd place for the last couple years.
                        i havent even looked there since it got hacked a year ago and i cant log on...i'm lying..i have looked.

it WAS cool.

Comment

• Dragstews
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DoomBuggy

So which oil is best in my Panhead........J/K, J/K....

I like Mable's ... cans ...!!

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by beat
                            2)Dragon died. he was a tough but fair MOD.

Yep I totally agree...... To me that's when most of the trouble started.... And yes he was tough but very fair..... I bought several items from him...

Comment

• farmall
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Tattooo
                              Hell they have people scared to death over on JJ to say anything on there classifieds.... Hell even the mod post over here because no one looks at JJ classifieds anymore....
                              I don't, but I really don't bother with much outside Ebay where my experience has been excellent for many years.

If they want page hits they should have a Junk Pile then place most of their adverts in that forum while leaving the rest usable for the chobberly inclined.

If I dedicate a forum to my own nutsack then delete all posts of other nutsacks and any comment which fail to effusively praise my nutsack, in the end it's my forum and my sack. (Tenderly pats own bollocks.)

If I want to reach a broader audience of sackular enthusiasts I modify my site or add one to take general sack traffic.

Canadians tend to be more reserved than those of us whose ancestors had sufficient sackular fortitude to break away from the Queen-ing stool of British Empire. It's understandable they prefer their own online hugbox (sackbox?). We should forgive our Northern Corporate Appendage then divert even more rapefugees northward in token of our friendship.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;