Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by farmall
    Canadians tend to be more reserved than those of us whose ancestors had sufficient sackular fortitude to break away from the Queen-ing stool of British Empire. It's understandable they prefer their own online hugbox (sackbox?). We should forgive our Northern Corporate Appendage then divert even more rapefugees northward in token of our friendship.
    What really did it for Jesse and I after Jesse was stripped of his Mod ship, Because of the other Mods and the Canadians... Was one year someone started a thread it wasn't either of us that said Happy 4th and that post was pulled..... They didn't know why so they did it again and was told not to do it again........ Then they did the same thing for Christmas... That was Roaches doing..... Everyone bitched so much that they had to put it back up.....

Comment

• govmule84
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by dystopia
      I am not that active there, I was posting a few comments on some old threads (that I was interested in).

Then I got a message from the admin saying I must stop...bumping old threads? HAHAHA WTF ?

I think they should rename that board to "The Jackass Journal Board"...
      Did you receive a PM from a moderator or an admin?

EDIT: Never mind, I found your posts. You were messaged by a moderator, not an administrator. Different people, different jobs.

I am not the moderator who pulled your posts, but I would suggest that maybe PM'ing that moderator would have been a nice first step, rather than coming to another forum to try and get some help.

For what it's worth, since you aired your laundry publicly, I'll stand at the clothesline and help you. One post I pulled up was a year old, where you bumped it to complain that the photos were no longer visible. Hopefully you recognize A) why that is a waste and B) that Photobucket recently changed their TOS, and many forums across the internet have had the same problem.

On another thread, you appear to have asked Irish Rich Ryan, a legend in his own right who asked for a scan of a very particular page from a parts book if he tried "downloading the books," presumably meaning downloading manuals that occasionally are available illegally online. I'm speaking for Irish Rich here, but I think it's safe to say he owns more manuals than just about anyone. I'm sure he probably checked a few manuals before he posted his question.

Another thread you bumped had this comment: "wow looks like its going to need allot of work, good luck with the resurrection man! (like those narrowed zbars)" I'm not going to get judgmental with you, but perhaps that comment's content was not really a great reason to drag up an older post.

There were a couple other posts that looked a little less flagrant, but my suspicion is that the other mod waded through a few of them, and decided to stop reading your recent posts... it looks like the last time you were in our neck of the woods was 2015.

I had nothing to do with the incident, but I would think that you could understand how bumping a few of those older posts and leaving the comments you did would not be viewed favorably by a moderator. Food for thought.

If you have future problems, you can always message me there and I will help you as best I can.
      Last edited by govmule84; 08-08-2017, 12:57 PM. Reason: Little more context once I found the posts.

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

Does it matter ...???

It be the same thought process that runs "Jackass Journal"
        Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by govmule84
          Originally posted by Dragstews
          Does it matter ...???

It be the same thought process that runs "Jackass Journal"

You got that shit right Jesse...... That's why they have less than an average of 10 post a day..... It's really pathetic what they have done to JJ.......

At one time is was the GREATEST Motorcycle knowledge place on the net..... I've said it many times myself..... Now it's just a place for advertisements.....

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

I am not the moderator who pulled your posts, but I would suggest that maybe PM'ing that moderator would have been a nice first step, rather than coming to another forum to try and get some help.

I'll take up for the kid.... How was he to know he should contact a mod??? That's not something that every new guy knows..... All he knew is that he was called down for asking questions.... And those weren't that bad of a questions... Hell I answer that many every other day that are worst than that....

What I would like to see is the PM he got from the mod telling him to stop what he was doing.... I can only imagine what it said and I have a good idea who it was....

Comment

• Dragstews
              • Sep 2010

EDIT: Never mind, I found your posts. You were messaged by a moderator, not an administrator. Different people, different jobs.

For what it's worth, since you aired your laundry publicly, I'll stand at the clothesline and help you. One post I pulled up was a year old, where you bumped it to complain that the photos were no longer visible. Hopefully you recognize A) why that is a waste and B) that Photobucket recently changed their TOS, and many forums across the internet have had the same problem.

On another thread, you appear to have asked Irish Rich Ryan, a legend in his own right who asked for a scan of a very particular page from a parts book if he tried "downloading the books," presumably meaning downloading manuals that occasionally are available illegally online. I'm speaking for Irish Rich here, but I think it's safe to say he owns more manuals than just about anyone. I'm sure he probably checked a few manuals before he posted his question.

Another thread you bumped had this comment: "wow looks like its going to need allot of work, good luck with the resurrection man! (like those narrowed zbars)" I'm not going to get judgmental with you, but perhaps that comment's content was not really a great reason to drag up an older post.

There were a couple other posts that looked a little less flagrant, but my suspicion is that the other mod waded through a few of them, and decided to stop reading your recent posts... it looks like the last time you were in our neck of the woods was 2015.

I had nothing to do with the incident, but I would think that you could understand how bumping a few of those older posts and leaving the comments you did would not be viewed favorably by a moderator. Food for thought.

If you have future problems, you can always message me there and I will help you as best I can.
              There you have it...

In essences you should clear all your future posts with a Mod before your post goes on the board ....

Comment

• govmule84
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Tattooo
                I'll take up for the kid.... How was he to know he should contact a mod??? That's not something that every new guy knows..... All he knew is that he was called down for asking questions.... And those weren't that bad of a questions... Hell I answer that many every other day that are worst than that....

What I would like to see is the PM he got from the mod telling him to stop what he was doing.... I can only imagine what it said and I have a good idea who it was....
                I mean... if a moderator messages you, maybe having a conversation might be the way to fly.

I haven't seen the message; I can't speak to it.
                Last edited by govmule84; 08-08-2017, 1:52 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

I mean... if a moderator messages you, maybe having a conversation might be the way to fly.

I haven't seen the message; I can't speak to it.
                  It depends on the message.... It could have been so hateful to a new guy why say anything...... I bet the OP could go back and get it and post it here... Unless it got deleted like many do....

The mods can get into a members PM.... Don't say they can't I know better.... They got into my profile..........
                  Last edited by Tattooo; 08-08-2017, 2:13 PM.

Comment

• Dragstews
                    • Sep 2010

Think the best way to fly would be not to fly at all on that sensored forum...

Shoot, get busted in the chops for petty shi ... stuff ..
                    Kinda like that Ausie Boy that asked a question without doing an intro... He got a lifetime Ban for that....
                    Would have been better to show him the way instead of kicking him to the curb, don't ya think... Oh that's right "Jackass Journal" has problems in that department ....

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

There you have it...

In essences you should clear all your future posts with a Mod before your post goes on the board ....

Yep Jesse I totally agree..... Why post on JJ at all if you have to get it approved with the mods to see if it's ok.....

And thank you Mule for posting your reason why he was called down.... That proves what I've been saying for years that the Mods on JJ are heavy handed... Thank you

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

Think the best way to fly would be not to fly at all on that sensored forum...

Shoot, get busted in the chops for petty shi ... stuff ..
                        Kinda like that Ausie Boy that asked a question without doing an intro... He got a lifetime Ban for that....

Yes sir I remember that and if it wasn't for you going over the heads of the other mods at that time and reinstate him he would have stayed banned.... He ended up being a great member and did a few very good build threads.... I don't remember his user ID right now but he bought a bike from America and had to redo it... It ended up Turquoise and white I think.... I'm thinking it was a flat side Shovel???

I just remembered his user ID it was KELD I think that's how it was spelled....
                        Last edited by Tattooo; 08-08-2017, 2:52 PM.

Comment

• Dragstews
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Tattooo

Ya think it might be the same "Troll Mod" that made this statement:
                          ...... Dragstews this site is about bike builds.. not back talk or some place to make waves like chop cult ......

The statement is in my profile under my photo ..... I thought it needed to be posted because of a Mod throwing another forum under the Bus just for the reason of ego tripping....
                          Last edited by Dragstews; 08-08-2017, 8:40 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Ya think it might be the same "Troll Mod" that made this statement:
                            ...... Dragstews this site is about bike builds.. not back talk or some place to make waves like chop cult ......

The statement is in my profile under my photo ..... I thought it needed to be posted because of a Mod throwing another forum under the Bus just for the reason of ego tripping....

I bet it was the same Troll Mod..... Bike builds?? Yes JJ was but not anymore???

Comment

• SamHain
                              • Apr 2024

The good thing over there is I never find myself wading through countless posts of bullshit about other forums. Definitely some good threads over there but it ain't very busy, neither are the good threads over here though. But, hell what else am I gonna do at work.

As far as bumping old threads, if they're good fucking bump them, it will give me something better to read than this. So, nice z bars away.
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2017, 1:47 AM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by SamHain
                                The good thing over there is I never find myself wading through countless posts of bullshit about other forums.
                                There is a good reason for that... They have been deleted..... It's not that they weren't there, there not there anymore.... Just like ALL of my build threads..... But that's another story.....

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;