Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saddlemaker2286
    • Jul 2013

Clutch hub retaining c clip

Got a clutch hub from jp kick & elec. Start. 77 xlh used a 6206 bearing pressed in and the snap ring likes just a little seating in the Grove snap ring is w244 the bearing is seated what the heck .was the drum not machined correctly or where am I off thanks
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by saddlemaker2286
    Got a clutch hub from jp kick & elec. Start. 77 xlh used a 6206 bearing pressed in and the snap ring likes just a little seating in the Grove snap ring is w244 the bearing is seated what the heck .was the drum not machined correctly or where am I off thanks

You got any pics of your problem?????

Comment

• saddlemaker2286
      • Jul 2013

It looks good.but I ground the clip down about half the thickness so it would seat I just hope it doesn't bend or throw the chain out of line can't see it unless u remove the clip. I'll take some pics tomorrow. Is there a part # for the original bearing . someone had a elec.start only drum with all the kicker parts still behind it .what a mess

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by saddlemaker2286
        It looks good.but I ground the clip down about half the thickness so it would seat I just hope it doesn't bend or throw the chain out of line can't see it unless u remove the clip.
        That's not good at all..... You just made it weaker...... But it's your bike........ Good luck........

Comment

• DustyDave
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

You didn't perchance buy that bearing off fleebay? Had a carried in springer neck stem to make fit a Yamahaha the fleebay bearings he brought varied .0025" on the bore and the one that was closer to spec for the bore was wider than spec. These Chinesey deals sometimes require Vaseline.
          Wonder how much spring is left in that clip? Think I'd grind a little off the bearing before the clip. If the bearing is right it would be best to figure whether the snap ring slot or the bore depth was wrong and have whichever cut to spec.
          Dusty
          Driving that train, high on cocaine
          Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
          Trouble ahead, trouble behind
          And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• saddlemaker2286
            • Jul 2013

It's a Timken bearing.may try and take a little off it. Thanks

Comment

• saddlemaker2286
              • Jul 2013

Took a little off the bearing with a flat grinder got a new clip works just fine

Comment

• Dragstews
                • Sep 2010

Those are Taiwan made by V-Twin Mfg.....

They shot windage .... Not made to Harley's specks .... Wait till you try to load the clutch plates in it....
                Damn near going to need a hammer to drive them in....
                (Close but no cigar)

I have tried to use them before ... To many fitment problems, gave up, sent it back and hunted up a used one...!!
                Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dragstews
                  Those are Taiwan made by V-Twin Mfg.....

They shot windage .... Not made to Harley's specks .... Wait till you try to load the clutch plates in it....
                  Damn near going to need a hammer to drive them in....
                  (Close but no cigar)

I have tried to use them before ... To many fitment problems, gave up, sent it back and hunted up a used one...!!
                  That's why I don't buy new parts...........

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;