Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Rigid and Softtail Seat Interchange

This is probably a stupid question, however the Softail did not exist when I built my last bike and I have never had a chance to really tear into one.

My question will the big ol' Mustang seat that came off my rigid panhead fit on a softtail Harley.

I am selling the Mustang and am looking at the LePera semi King and Queen seat and wanted to know what would fit my bike and who my potential buyer would be for the Mustang.

Thanks,
    -H
    Attached Files
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

I would say no without a lot of work...... But anything can be made to fit anything..... If that's what your asking.....

Comment

• DoomBuggy
      • Oct 2016

Nah, not looking to reinvent the wheel.

I was just wondering if the seat setup was the same since the softtail is supposed to mimic a rigid frames lines.

I will list the seat as a rigid frame seat.

Many thanks,
      -H

Comment

• tradarcher
        • Jul 2010

Post a picture of the underside.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
          • Oct 2016

Thanks for the response, I must have priced the old one correctly as it sold in two days.

For the new one I plan to buy an old ratty King and Queen, shortening the passenger back rest and having my local upholstery guy recover it the way I want.

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

I'm real glad you sold that ugly ass seat........... It's just wrong to put a seat like that on a Pan.......

Comment

• DoomBuggy
              • Oct 2016

Now, now, while it is not my cup of tea, it looked OK with the fatbobs and big rear fender. The new owner is a Panhead guy out of Arizona, seems like a nice guy with a vision of what he wants for his putt. He told me he bought the bike back in the late '60s I believe. It's been a garage anchor for a some years and he is now bringing it back to life.

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                Now, now, while it is not my cup of tea, it looked OK with the fatbobs and big rear fender. The new owner is a Panhead guy out of Arizona, seems like a nice guy with a vision of what he wants for his putt. He told me he bought the bike back in the late '60s I believe. It's been a garage anchor for a some years and he is now bringing it back to life.

LOL I hear ya..... But it looks to modern and comfortable for a pan.....

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;