CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well done for a "throw together a triumph chopper I have been collecting parts for over a year". Love that springer with the rockers set for grease nipples, together with that 17" spool! What is the length - do you know who built it? I think it sits just right. That conical hub makes the right side so clean - perhaps an idea could be to get your pipes to the left, then the right will be totally clean... Will you have the split the bottom end to make sure none of that burnt piston messed anything up down there?

i thought holes in the pistons just added to cooling?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    Well done for a "throw together a triumph chopper I have been collecting parts for over a year". Love that springer with the rockers set for grease nipples, together with that 17" spool! What is the length - do you know who built it? I think it sits just right. That conical hub makes the right side so clean - perhaps an idea could be to get your pipes to the left, then the right will be totally clean... Will you have the split the bottom end to make sure none of that burnt piston messed anything up down there?
    Iím planning on just flushing the bottom end with diesel fuel over and over again, Iím not too worried about a lot of stuff in the crank case the piston didnít hole and there are no pieces of the rings or anything missing it just got really scraped up. We will see what happens I havenít had a good weekend free to start getting it back together after Christmas I will be free though! As for the Springer Iím not sure of the make, the grease fittings were something extra we did to the rockers and man itís nice to be able to grease them things up.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm just wondering BS, what do you think caused the burnt piston? Lean mixture in right side carb? timing issue? blowby? Hope you can diagnose it before you fire it back up so it doesn't happen again. YN.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm just wondering BS, what do you think caused the burnt piston? Lean mixture in right side carb? timing issue? blowby? Hope you can diagnose it before you fire it back up so it doesn't happen again. YN.
    Iím not to sure because the bike was running really good, the old guy who bored my cylinder for me took a look at my piston and said that it looked like it was about to heat seize so he thought the clearances were too tight in the bore. Iím thinking it might of been a little advanced in timing, but it was really the first time I had taken it on a longer freeway trip when it gave out on me. The motor was rebuilt before I got it so I was the first person to start the motor I didnít do the original rebuild on it so who knows. Iím just going to have to cover all my bases and will most likely get a new set of carbs anyways.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well I finally got all my parts and off my ass to put this bike back together...rebored the cylinder 20 over, new pistons and rings, new push rods because one of my old ones were bent, all new seals/gaskets. I also got a new 21 inch spool wheel which to me made the bike look so much better. I flushed out the bottom end really good, and rebuilt the top end. I also cleaned out the oil tank and all the oil lines. Got the bike running again but haven't rode it because I am waiting on wheel spacers for my new rim. I have a few parts I'm trying to sell so I can get a new set of carbs too before I really start riding around.
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

NICE! Love the sound of that thing. Looks awesome, too.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sounds great! Love those crossover drags. Good that you found that bent pushrod. Gotta agree; that 21" looks better than the 17". What are thinking about for different carbs?

Get Adobe Flash player

Sounds great! Love those crossover drags. Good that you found that bent pushrod. Gotta agree; that 21" looks better than the 17". What are thinking about for different carbs?
    Thank you, as much as I want to be a cheap ass and just get a pair of the jrc carbs, Iím going to save up for some premiers.

Share This