Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoudPipesSaveLives
    • Aug 2012

I agree with relocating the tank. Wondering about the angle of the oil tank. Looks like it needs to be clocked forward a little. Other than that custom bikes like yours are all about doing it your way. Are those stickers hiding the bad chrome job? Good idea for now.

Comment

• Tom8336
      • Apr 2024

Hi LPSL. Thanks for the feedback mate.
      Yeah when I fitted the chain I found it rubbed on the oil tank so I’ve fitted a couple of temporary custom brackets to push it out the way for now. I’ll probably end up cutting the tank down.
      Yep again on the stickers. I’ve not got time to sort the chrome out right now so I’ve stuck some stickers over the flakey shit to hide it. :-)
      Last edited by Guest; 10-31-2017, 2:59 PM.

Comment

• LoudPipesSaveLives
        • Aug 2012

Understood,
        I'm in the process of mating a hex tank to my hardtail right now and noticed the tank is close to the chain but mines due the integral battery box. I'm going with a mitymag and no battery so I'm going to cut that corner out to make sure it clears.

Comment

• Tom8336
          • Apr 2024

I tried to go batteryless by using the full Boyer setup (Boyer tech team sent me instructions how to do it), but it just didn’t work. I’ve put a small lithium battery on it now and it’s sorted the problem. My battery/electronics box is tiny now too.

Problem I had was that the hex oil tank I’ve fitted is just a bit too wide and I didn’t allow for it when I was mocking up the bike. Lesson learned for next time though.
          Last edited by Guest; 10-31-2017, 3:00 PM.

Comment

• Tom8336
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by LoudPipesSaveLives
            Understood,
            I'm in the process of mating a hex tank to my hardtail right now and noticed the tank is close to the chain but mines due the integral battery box. I'm going with a mitymag and no battery so I'm going to cut that corner out to make sure it clears.
            What are you building by the way?

Comment

• LoudPipesSaveLives
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Tom8336
              What are you building by the way?
              I'm building a 66 t100 chopper I bought as a basket case. Its starting to come together now.

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

Moving the tank won't really address the sheet metal around the head stock, but that could be contoured or replaced by different gussets and molding (MIG pad welding or bondo) in future. Nice bike though.

Who applied that fucked up chrome? Any plating not copper/nickel/chrome won't live which is why I try to replace whatever I can with stainless.

If someone took an expensive metallic shit like that on my parts the world would know and I might even bury a time capsule for future generations and alien explorers so they'd know that's not fucking acceptable. If I kept and rode with that part for a while it would get a sticker "lovely plating by (shop name)". No one can complain if you call their work lovely.

Always warn others about shitty chrome or they too may suffer the hassle of a failed plating job which costs more to correct than plain steel.

Comment

• Tom8336
                  • Apr 2024

Originally posted by farmall
                  Moving the tank won't really address the sheet metal around the head stock, but that could be contoured or replaced by different gussets and molding (MIG pad welding or bondo) in future. Nice bike though.

Who applied that fucked up chrome? Any plating not copper/nickel/chrome won't live which is why I try to replace whatever I can with stainless.

If someone took an expensive metallic shit like that on my parts the world would know and I might even bury a time capsule for future generations and alien explorers so they'd know that's not fucking acceptable. If I kept and rode with that part for a while it would get a sticker "lovely plating by (shop name)". No one can complain if you call their work lovely.

Always warn others about shitty chrome or they too may suffer the hassle of a failed plating job which costs more to correct than plain steel.
                  Mate, I completely agree with you. I'm just in the middle of trying to get my money back at the moment so haven't splashed their name everywhere yet, but I fucking well will do. They're called Ashford Chroming in Kent, England.

They took weeks to actually do the job, and then they sent me that shit!!

Comment

• Tom8336
                    • Apr 2024

I'm building a 66 t100 chopper I bought as a basket case. Its starting to come together now.
                    Any photo's?

Comment

• LoudPipesSaveLives
                      • Aug 2012

Will try and get a pic this week Tom. It's at a garage I rent. The front forks are still apart and I haven't made a seat yet.

Comment

• Tom8336
                        • Apr 2024

Will try and get a pic this week Tom. It's at a garage I rent. The front forks are still apart and I haven't made a seat yet.
                        Sounds great mate :-) That's what I love about talking with other guy's that build bikes. There's always something that's in 12 bit's, or a part that needs fabbing :-)

Comment

• LoudPipesSaveLives
                          • Aug 2012

Sounds great mate :-) That's what I love about talking with other guy's that build bikes. There's always something that's in 12 bit's, or a part that needs fabbing :-)
                          So true!

Comment

• Tom8336
                            • Apr 2024

Just as a follow up. Here's a couple of photo's I took the other day. It was a nice sunny day so I decided to take her out for a bit of a bimble around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1012.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	319.9 KB
ID:	1305691
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	316.1 KB
ID:	1305692

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                              • Dec 2017

Just as a follow up. Here's a couple of photo's I took the other day. It was a nice sunny day so I decided to take her out for a bit of a bimble around.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87896[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]87897[/ATTACH]
                              Looks great! Well done for your first chop. hope you had a good ride. Nice frame...how long are the forks?
                              If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;