CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tom8336 View Post
    What are you building by the way?
    I'm building a 66 t100 chopper I bought as a basket case. Its starting to come together now.

Get Adobe Flash player

Moving the tank won't really address the sheet metal around the head stock, but that could be contoured or replaced by different gussets and molding (MIG pad welding or bondo) in future. Nice bike though.

Who applied that fucked up chrome? Any plating not copper/nickel/chrome won't live which is why I try to replace whatever I can with stainless.

If someone took an expensive metallic shit like that on my parts the world would know and I might even bury a time capsule for future generations and alien explorers so they'd know that's not fucking acceptable. If I kept and rode with that part for a while it would get a sticker "lovely plating by (shop name)". No one can complain if you call their work lovely.

Always warn others about shitty chrome or they too may suffer the hassle of a failed plating job which costs more to correct than plain steel.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Moving the tank won't really address the sheet metal around the head stock, but that could be contoured or replaced by different gussets and molding (MIG pad welding or bondo) in future. Nice bike though.

Who applied that fucked up chrome? Any plating not copper/nickel/chrome won't live which is why I try to replace whatever I can with stainless.

If someone took an expensive metallic shit like that on my parts the world would know and I might even bury a time capsule for future generations and alien explorers so they'd know that's not fucking acceptable. If I kept and rode with that part for a while it would get a sticker "lovely plating by (shop name)". No one can complain if you call their work lovely.

Always warn others about shitty chrome or they too may suffer the hassle of a failed plating job which costs more to correct than plain steel.
    Mate, I completely agree with you. I'm just in the middle of trying to get my money back at the moment so haven't splashed their name everywhere yet, but I fucking well will do. They're called Ashford Chroming in Kent, England.

They took weeks to actually do the job, and then they sent me that shit!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LoudPipesSaveLives View Post
    I'm building a 66 t100 chopper I bought as a basket case. Its starting to come together now.
    Any photo's?

Get Adobe Flash player

Will try and get a pic this week Tom. It's at a garage I rent. The front forks are still apart and I haven't made a seat yet.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LoudPipesSaveLives View Post
    Will try and get a pic this week Tom. It's at a garage I rent. The front forks are still apart and I haven't made a seat yet.
    Sounds great mate :-) That's what I love about talking with other guy's that build bikes. There's always something that's in 12 bit's, or a part that needs fabbing :-)

Get Adobe Flash player

Sounds great mate :-) That's what I love about talking with other guy's that build bikes. There's always something that's in 12 bit's, or a part that needs fabbing :-)
    So true!

Get Adobe Flash player

Just as a follow up. Here's a couple of photo's I took the other day. It was a nice sunny day so I decided to take her out for a bit of a bimble around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1012.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	87896

Name:	DSCF1017.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	316.1 KB 
ID:	87897

Get Adobe Flash player

Just as a follow up. Here's a couple of photo's I took the other day. It was a nice sunny day so I decided to take her out for a bit of a bimble around.

Name:	DSCF1012.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	87896

Name:	DSCF1017.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	316.1 KB 
ID:	87897
    Looks great! Well done for your first chop. hope you had a good ride. Nice frame...how long are the forks?

Share This