Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mynameismudd
    • Jan 2010

I'll just leave this here...enjoy

to me.....it is not a fashion show, a popularity contest, how much you have spent on your scoot in chrome, and after market parts, or even " it's not about the destination, it's about the ride" bullshit! the riding is only part of it, it's about the ability to build something that you have created out of your mind, your hands, your moments, your anger, emotion and screams of triumph and having the strength to see it through no matter the failure that it seems to be. building parts to make it more your bike than anyone can ever buy off a showroom floor or craigslist ad. that way when your scoot breaks it feels like you do too. yes my bike is an extension of me and not of my manhood but of my heart, my mind, my soul that will give me more enjoyment than any amount of your money could ever buy...........so know this, your ride may start when your bike does, but my ride started the moment i started tearing her down. there is more than fuel, fire and air to make it run, more then chrome, leather ( pleather if you have a stock seat ) and paint to make it "custom". so when it comes time to start the motor....... i guess maybe it is about the destination after all

mudd
    Last edited by mynameismudd; 07-02-2017, 6:58 AM.
  • 53rigid
    • Mar 2010

I could not agree more. I have built 7 bikes since 2003 when I got back into bikes when the kids were a little older. My last 2 were not a big hit with this forum because I had a wider (180) rear tire. I built another one like that just recently, but I love freaking out the squares when I pull up to a bar, the dealer or anywhere. I would not trade it for the world. Just the feeling you get when you fire it up and doing it yourself is pure bliss. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170604_172619.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	1297134

Comment

• Revis
      • Mar 2017

I'm chopping my 2006 Sportster now. Its the 3rd bike I've made truly mine. I believe a bike should be what the owner wants. Nothing else matters. Just enjoy and be happy.

Comment

• triumphbruce
        • Jun 2014

ya hit the nail on the head
        but most people will bitch if you hang them with a new rope

Comment

• ManicMechanic
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by mynameismudd
          to me.....it is not a fashion show, a popularity contest, how much you have spent on your scoot in chrome, and after market parts, or even " it's not about the destination, it's about the ride" bullshit! the riding is only part of it, it's about the ability to build something that you have created out of your mind, your hands, your moments, your anger, emotion and screams of triumph and having the strength to see it through no matter the failure that it seems to be. building parts to make it more your bike than anyone can ever buy off a showroom floor or craigslist ad. that way when your scoot breaks it feels like you do too. yes my bike is an extension of me and not of my manhood but of my heart, my mind, my soul that will give me more enjoyment than any amount of your money could ever buy...........so know this, your ride may start when your bike does, but my ride started the moment i started tearing her down. there is more than fuel, fire and air to make it run, more then chrome, leather ( pleather if you have a stock seat ) and paint to make it "custom". so when it comes time to start the motor....... i guess maybe it is about the destination after all

mudd

Ok......thanks for letting us all know. I never knew that's how you felt about it.

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by mynameismudd

mudd
            Well,

Your name IS Mudd

Comment

• 47str8leg
              • Sep 2014

Should I be rubbing one out to this or something ?

Comment

• RalphFonz
                • Jun 2017

I completely agree, however without chrome and "Show" bikes the chopper scene would probably never be as bad ass as it is today. Events like Bornfree are an example of this. Yea, we love our chopper runs but we need weekend riders that spend an ass load of money to keep these shops in business. without that, it would have never grown like it has.

Comment

• Salty
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by RalphFonz
                  I completely agree, however without chrome and "Show" bikes the chopper scene would probably never be as bad ass as it is today. Events like Bornfree are an example of this. Yea, we love our chopper runs but we need weekend riders that spend an ass load of money to keep these shops in business. without that, it would have never grown like it has.
                  it doesnt need to grow. it needs to die.

Comment

• klondikekid64
                    • Nov 2013

Bikes and their owners are like the car world, some have no tools, no shop, no clue, no hand eye cordination, but have dispoable income, so they buy a Demon or Vette etc. (don't forget the jacket and all the matching gear) or just like someone wanting a bike, they head to the dealer and suit up and ride for a price, or they can pay someone to built what they want, but the most advantaged and envied is the guy who can build a bike.

Comment

• beano
                      • Dec 2011

All very well saying this but....not everyone is as mechanically able as you seem to be. Building bikes is a 'skill' and guys like me just don't have the ability to do it. Now when I was working I was a skilled electrician but I didn't look down on those who couldn't fix a fuse ! I love bikes and riding and 'tinkering' with them....if I buy something to 'bolt on' and it performs well or even just looks good then I am well pleased. Just count yourself blessed with a talent that others don't have....and don't talk down to me because i'm unable to do what you can !...b.

Comment

• sdustin
                        • Sep 2014

Thing is Beano, you could do it. You just have to give in to the love, lust, and life. If you could wire a plant for power you could build an old bike. Just scan cragslist for cheap old bikes. If you build a bike it doesn't have to be an old Harley that costs tons of money. An old cheap Jap bike is a great start.

Comment

• shiteater
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by 47str8leg
                          Should I be rubbing one out to this or something ?
                          What he said

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;