CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
  1. #1
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default 1

    to me.....it is not a fashion show, a popularity contest, how much you have spent on your scoot in chrome, and after market parts, or even " it's not about the destination, it's about the ride" bullshit! the riding is only part of it, it's about the ability to build something that you have created out of your mind, your hands, your moments, your anger, emotion and screams of triumph and having the strength to see it through no matter the failure that it seems to be. building parts to make it more your bike than anyone can ever buy off a showroom floor or craigslist ad. that way when your scoot breaks it feels like you do too. yes my bike is an extension of me and not of my manhood but of my heart, my mind, my soul that will give me more enjoyment than any amount of your money could ever buy...........so know this, your ride may start when your bike does, but my ride started the moment i started tearing her down. there is more than fuel, fire and air to make it run, more then chrome, leather ( pleather if you have a stock seat ) and paint to make it "custom". so when it comes time to start the motor....... i guess maybe it is about the destination after all

    mudd
    Last edited by mynameismudd; 07-02-2017 at 6:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    I could not agree more. I have built 7 bikes since 2003 when I got back into bikes when the kids were a little older. My last 2 were not a big hit with this forum because I had a wider (180) rear tire. I built another one like that just recently, but I love freaking out the squares when I pull up to a bar, the dealer or anywhere. I would not trade it for the world. Just the feeling you get when you fire it up and doing it yourself is pure bliss. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170604_172619.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	313.1 KB 
ID:	77691

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I'm chopping my 2006 Sportster now. Its the 3rd bike I've made truly mine. I believe a bike should be what the owner wants. Nothing else matters. Just enjoy and be happy.

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    234

    Default

    ya hit the nail on the head
    but most people will bitch if you hang them with a new rope

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameismudd View Post
    to me.....it is not a fashion show, a popularity contest, how much you have spent on your scoot in chrome, and after market parts, or even " it's not about the destination, it's about the ride" bullshit! the riding is only part of it, it's about the ability to build something that you have created out of your mind, your hands, your moments, your anger, emotion and screams of triumph and having the strength to see it through no matter the failure that it seems to be. building parts to make it more your bike than anyone can ever buy off a showroom floor or craigslist ad. that way when your scoot breaks it feels like you do too. yes my bike is an extension of me and not of my manhood but of my heart, my mind, my soul that will give me more enjoyment than any amount of your money could ever buy...........so know this, your ride may start when your bike does, but my ride started the moment i started tearing her down. there is more than fuel, fire and air to make it run, more then chrome, leather ( pleather if you have a stock seat ) and paint to make it "custom". so when it comes time to start the motor....... i guess maybe it is about the destination after all

    mudd



    Ok......thanks for letting us all know. I never knew that's how you felt about it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameismudd View Post
    to me.....it is not a fashion show, a popularity contest, how much you have spent on your scoot in chrome, and after market parts, or even " it's not about the destination, it's about the ride" bullshit! the riding is only part of it, it's about the ability to build something that you have created out of your mind, your hands, your moments, your anger, emotion and screams of triumph and having the strength to see it through no matter the failure that it seems to be. building parts to make it more your bike than anyone can ever buy off a showroom floor or craigslist ad. that way when your scoot breaks it feels like you do too. yes my bike is an extension of me and not of my manhood but of my heart, my mind, my soul that will give me more enjoyment than any amount of your money could ever buy...........so know this, your ride may start when your bike does, but my ride started the moment i started tearing her down. there is more than fuel, fire and air to make it run, more then chrome, leather ( pleather if you have a stock seat ) and paint to make it "custom". so when it comes time to start the motor....... i guess maybe it is about the destination after all

    mudd
    Well,

    Your name IS Mudd

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Should I be rubbing one out to this or something ?

  8. #8

    Default

    I completely agree, however without chrome and "Show" bikes the chopper scene would probably never be as bad ass as it is today. Events like Bornfree are an example of this. Yea, we love our chopper runs but we need weekend riders that spend an ass load of money to keep these shops in business. without that, it would have never grown like it has.

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RalphFonz View Post
    I completely agree, however without chrome and "Show" bikes the chopper scene would probably never be as bad ass as it is today. Events like Bornfree are an example of this. Yea, we love our chopper runs but we need weekend riders that spend an ass load of money to keep these shops in business. without that, it would have never grown like it has.
    it doesnt need to grow. it needs to die.

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Bikes and their owners are like the car world, some have no tools, no shop, no clue, no hand eye cordination, but have dispoable income, so they buy a Demon or Vette etc. (don't forget the jacket and all the matching gear) or just like someone wanting a bike, they head to the dealer and suit up and ride for a price, or they can pay someone to built what they want, but the most advantaged and envied is the guy who can build a bike.

  11. #11
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    All very well saying this but....not everyone is as mechanically able as you seem to be. Building bikes is a 'skill' and guys like me just don't have the ability to do it. Now when I was working I was a skilled electrician but I didn't look down on those who couldn't fix a fuse ! I love bikes and riding and 'tinkering' with them....if I buy something to 'bolt on' and it performs well or even just looks good then I am well pleased. Just count yourself blessed with a talent that others don't have....and don't talk down to me because i'm unable to do what you can !...b.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Thing is Beano, you could do it. You just have to give in to the love, lust, and life. If you could wire a plant for power you could build an old bike. Just scan cragslist for cheap old bikes. If you build a bike it doesn't have to be an old Harley that costs tons of money. An old cheap Jap bike is a great start.

  13. #13
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 47str8leg View Post
    Should I be rubbing one out to this or something ?
    What he said

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in