CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default 94 fxr open belt

Anyone recommend open belt kit?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I wouldn't recommend an open belt on an FXR but if you have money to blow and really need the looks go for it. Some folks like them and others miss the less noisy stock setup.

What's probably the fastest FXR,

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-magazine.html

runs a closed primary. It's less flexible than an open i.e. unsupported inner primary cover and the stock inner primary case needs all the support it can get including the outer cover. Morris posts often in forums so if you want the best FXR component advice I suggest posting where he hangs out or messaging him. He's on vtwinforum too. I prefer it to hdforums.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/harley-davidson-fxr/ is probably the best FXR section. I've searched FXR info for many years and learned a lot there.

Delkron no longer makes FXR inner primaries so their beefy beauties may be gone for good. Taiwan Ted supposedly makes a good stock replacement but I've not fondled one in person. Stock output had cracked the inner on my '94 FXLR. Glad I got one of the last Delkrons...
    Last edited by farmall; 07-02-2017 at 9:25 AM.

Thanks I will check that out. The FXR im working on the magnets took out the stator. Which then chunked center out of the rotor. For my new rotor which is a drag heavy duty rotor. How much clearance should there be from back of the rotor to the crankcase. New rotor has washer built on the inside and outside. Where stock one didn't.

Get Adobe Flash player

Follow factory service manual instructions for shimming to check and align the primary drive. The crankcase clearance will take care of itself.

10 4 maybe over thinking this. Just make sure you have clearance batween cra

Sorry hit wrong button. Rotor to case clearance not so critical as long as you have sum. Then shim
    comparator to line up sprockets?

I just did the opposite swap, belt to chain on my Fxr. After 18 years of noise grabby clutch and high maintenance costs decided to go to stock 94 Fxr set up. I had an 87 fxlr with chain primary and wet clutch that never needed anything in 13 years of riding. I think I went through three belts two clutch packs and two clutch hubs in the same number of miles with Rivera primo brute III set up. Belt primary is different and neat to look at but not the way to go if you plan on racking up miles.

You have to think parts are going to last longer running in an oil bath than in a dry environment filled with particles from the belt and clutch plates.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Delkron no longer makes FXR inner primaries so their beefy beauties may be gone for good. Taiwan Ted supposedly makes a good stock replacement but I've not fondled one in person. Stock output had cracked the inner on my '94 FXLR. Glad I got one of the last Delkrons...

have been looking for a delkron case for a while... about 6 months
    managed to get the trans case before they went out
    I am running a 111 now I will probably need it

Share This