Fuck... The Price of Internet is Too God Damn High!!!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fings369
    • Oct 2016

Fuck... The Price of Internet is Too God Damn High!!!

I have the worst internet provider.. COX...
    Today I recieve my monthly statement 112 bucks?!?!?! holy crap so I call because obviously there is a problem...

Apparently... I was signed up for an offer that bundled my internet and phone service(for a nonexistent phone)?!?! and that offer expired... So I ask the nice young lady to cancel my phone service so I can be on my way.

Then all that is unholy is unleashed. Numbers fly out of her mouth and internet speeds let a lone this TV bullshit shes trying to sell me... I kindly ask if I can just pay my internet bill the balance it was monthly on my new invoice.... NO. Why the fuck not? God damn monopoly now I'm paying almost 90 for the same shit... what the fuck is going on in the world....
  • Dragstews
    • Sep 2010

Al Gore .....

I'll get the tar, you get the feathers ...!!!!

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Fings369
      • Oct 2016

Did Al Gore supposedly invent the internet? Idk...

I've been having this discussion with people for a while now and although I'm definitely against taxes I'm also against paying too fucking much for basically an avenue for me to spend more money and waste more time. I'm basically paying a toll to be on a road where I buy shit. In my mind it should be free tax everyone $10 a month and put up hotspots like light posts and abolish comcast and cox and dish and all these companies that don't even do anything but rob the citizens...

Technology just sucks these days smart phones are worse than when they came out fuck it about to trade the harley in for a snowmobile and go to alaska mother fuckers

Comment

• jess
        • Jun 2017

I've been happy with Cox. I have the ultra, which is almost $100 per month, but it's fast and it allows me three IP addresses. We are internet intense in my house, and I run a home server so not only are we going out, other people are coming in, but we've never used the entire data limit.

I'll tell you, they all have those bundles. I've signed up for things I never used. And yeah, sticker shock happens. I ignore the 'deals' on everything now, not just media. I hate surprises. But the internet does everything now. We don't need cable TV or land line. Outages are rare and we get priority service. After my experience with ATT, Capcom, Verison, and Mediacom, I'm happy to kiss Cox's feet.

I'm in the southwest. I hear the east coast Cox sucks. On paper they are different companies. It all depends on who is at the helm.

I see you are in VA. Before moving, I was VA Beach and Richmond. I don't think there are any good providers there. But if you have reliable service and speed, don't switch just to get the price down. I think you'll regret it. I had nothing but complaints for those other companies.

ETA: Dish was a horror! HuesNet screwed me left and right right from the start. $750 for three months of their slowest connection, and they restricted me twice claiming 'viruses'. That was 10 years ago and I'm still pissed.
        Last edited by jess; 06-21-2017, 12:30 PM. Reason: dish

Comment

• tomsoftail
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Fings369
          Did Al Gore supposedly invent the internet? Idk...

I've been having this discussion with people for a while now and although I'm definitely against taxes I'm also against paying too fucking much for basically an avenue for me to spend more money and waste more time. I'm basically paying a toll to be on a road where I buy shit. In my mind it should be free tax everyone $10 a month and put up hotspots like light posts and abolish comcast and cox and dish and all these companies that don't even do anything but rob the citizens...

Technology just sucks these days smart phones are worse than when they came out fuck it about to trade the harley in for a snowmobile and go to alaska mother fuckers
          Who will provide it for that price? The government? Let the Internet be controlled by Congress. Lol

Comment

• jess
            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by tomsoftail
            Who will provide it for that price? The government? Let the Internet be controlled by Congress. Lol
            That's not at all funny.

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

The internet we use to buy stuff isn't directly funded by our purchases so wanting gibsmedat is absurd.

You can always use free wifi hotspots if you want to force yourself to ration access.

You may be able to dump your ISP and stick to phone only usage for communications and hotspotting to your PC if you have one. Phones are good enough now to connect to an external monitor/keyboard/mouse and replace a PC for most casual users.

Internet is vital but how much bandwith one needs is up to the user.

Wasting time? Waste it differently! Problem solved.

Tech is a tool. If your experience sucks so bad you are using it wrong. I get years out of smartphones because they go in a hard case the moment I unbox them, and there are enough "used to be flagship" phones out there for small money. Still using an S4 Galaxy from 2013. Had to replace the digitizer once but that was kinda fun. I replace the batteries with larger aftermarket units.

Fuck handing operation to Congress. Most old people are still tech-averse dumbfucks, especially politicians. I'm old and love technology like many here but that's not nearly as common as it should be.

It costs more briefly but one way to find out if a different ISP is a better bang for buck is sign up with them while not closing the previous account. ISPs count on subscribers being too lazy to switch.
              Last edited by farmall; 06-22-2017, 7:33 AM.

Comment

• KevinN
                • May 2014

The only game for interworld in my rural address is Time Warner now called Spectrum. They will try to sneak shit on your bill. One of my favorite things(not really) is when I have to call pakistan customer service with a problem they end up scheduling a tech visit. They always try to pimp additional channels and services before ending the call. I tell them the reason we are on the phone is the existing service is not working so why would I want to spend more money for less. The customer service agent always pauses with that not knowing how to answer. I think all these internet providers know we have limited choices and they conduct business accordingly. Just a cut above the corner crack dealer.

Comment

• triumphbruce
                  • Jun 2014

the stupid bastards keep sending me special deals and calling to get me to sign up to cable
                  i git tired of telling them that the cable ends 1/4 mile from my house.so now i just say
                  send out an installer.he tells me cable does not come to your house.i tell him to ex plane
                  that to his company.3 times they haven't gotten it yet.
                  the government had fiber ran past my house to the next county.only 1/2 mile from my house
                  is the county line.so people in rural areas can get cheaper internet.and not have to go satellite
                  i cant hook up to it because i am in the wrong county.so i get to have satellite internet if i want
                  to be connected.checked with verizon and 2 other phone providers.there hot spots are even more expensive than the damm dish.
                  fuck em all sideways

Comment

• farmall
                    • Apr 2013

I love the "send out the installer" move.

The government isn't likely to own that fiber. The arrangement they have with ISPs is basically like railroad right of way. You might contract your congresscritter since if the ISP can be nudged into add service off that fiber to your county since it's existing infrastructure. You could also contact corporate. Everybody has a boss somewhere.

Is your phone data plan large enough to use the phone itself as a hotspot? I do that on the road and during power outages.

You can direct telemarketers to put you on their Do Not Call list.

Register your phone number to report stop or block unwanted, annoying,telemarketing, spam calls, robocalls to the FTC

I screen all my calls so if it's a number I don't recognize I don't answer. Anyone I want to contact me knows to use email or SMS and identify themselves.

Comment

• hellbilly1932
                      • Aug 2009

It's nice to see that a few of you guys get it. I hear people bitch that the internet should be free all day long. I guess they think all the infrastructure just builds and maintains its self. If you think the government can do it better I question your sanity.

Comment

• farmall
                        • Apr 2013

Worth noting is landline internet relies on right-of-way over PUBLIC property which is a public grant to the companies who sell internet access. Same deal as the railroads got long ago.

That argues for regulation, but Americans as a people are chucklehead, viciously anti-education (even the self-taught variety which requires critical thinking they don't want to learn in the first place) retards so the few of us who choose not to be pieces of shit get what the masses reward.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;