Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littledill
    • Apr 2024

Help me decide?

Cutting the rear fender and adding a sissy bar on my swing arm sporty.
    I am torn between these two;
    Haifley Brothers - http://www.haifleybrothers.com/parts...garm-sissy-bar
    Pangea Speed - http://www.pangeaspeed.com/product/sissy-bar

I plan on running my taillight on the sissy bar.
    If there are better options let me know. I would like to fabricate my own but do not have access to a welder.
  • BadMonkeyMW
    • Jul 2010

My vote is for the Haifley Bros. Classier.

Comment

• Sky
      • Aug 2009

If you plan on future fabrications, tools and materials are a better return on your investment(s).
      craigslist yourself a mig. And spend time on scrap first...
      We all know TIG is better, but a higher learning curve

Comment

• nickey
        • Feb 2013

Yea I'd say fab tools as well. Granted I don't know how to weld or own a welder. But I made some sissy bar mounts with a grinder and a drill. And a sissy bar is easily bent up with a little hand torch and some 1/2" round stock. Or find an old cool one and make mounts for it. Or rock the stick sissy mounts for your bike? I've done both.

Here's the mounts I made recently. Not the greatest but less bulk than stock style and I made em myself. Mind the hardware this was just to see if they'd work.

Comment

• jonnyoz
          • Oct 2014

I like the Pangea one more - I think the ones with a bend in the top look better than straight.

But I also vote for tools - for $200 you could probably score a used MIG, then you're well on the way to making stuff. If you have the desire to make your own parts, don't waste any time buying stuff you think you could make yourself. You'll be much happier afterwards if you're using something you built.

Comment

• Scoobydude
            • Sep 2016

I know people who picked up tig like nothing. If you by a mig, dont cheap out on crap. Youl regret it. Id ask fab shops for a little scrap. One thing im really savin for is tools.QUALITY tools.

Haifley for sure

Plus one on building stuff. Makes a chopper real folk art. Crappy tools make building things frustrating. But there always seems somone whos done ut with less.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;