CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default FXRP Electrical Switch Restoration

Hello all, new to the forum. I've searched everywhere and couldn't find any posts regarding my issue. If it has been previously covered I apologize.

I have a 1994 Harley FXRP that I am rebuilding. In case you don't know, the "P" stands for "police." So it's an old police bike. I am rebuilding it from the frame up and I'm trying to make everything look as brand-new as possible. I'm not trying to restore it to it's original police bike condition, but I do want to keep some of its police heritage (I know, I know, most people spend their money trying to get rid of that stuff). Anyway, it's not hard finding all sorts of after market brand new parts for just about anything FXR but it has proven impossible to find replacement electrical switches for the police equipment (like the siren switch for example) or even a vendor who will restore my existing switches.

The switches themselves will not be used for anything (unless I add some random accessory), but I would still like them to look brand new. The switches common to all bikes are out there, but not the other ones. I was thinking maybe I could have white on clear stickers made and then have my local custom paint place paint the switches and clear over the sticker but I'm wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by PCortes; 02-21-2019 at 1:37 PM.

Share This