Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bbqbiker
    • May 2015

Originally posted by Tattooo
    Nope real bikers didn't need manuals.... We knew how to work on our bikes..... Not like wanna be bikers of today..... I rode a 66 Shovel chopper to Daytona.....

The jokes on you today's biker.....
    Nice Choppa!

I'll have you know I dialed in my clutch today ( I used 9/16 offset and a screwdriver ) no more drag! Did a quick ride after working 6am to noon and making more Knuckle $$$ hahahahaha Tattooo HATES when I make $$$

Flywheel balancing is next! How hard can THAT be????

Comment

• Rhysmort
      • May 2017

Just turned 31, Had my 54 panhead for almost two years.. learnt and changed almost everything on it.

the scene in Europe is really big. Personally, I won't ride anything nor do I have interest in anything post genny HD. I've also owned a pre unit many dirt bikes and I want an R100 as well great bikes.

I think it's a case of a lot of people took to 'bikes' because they're flavour of the moment.. people who really like bikes as many of you know never really leave them. I'm forever looking at bits and messing with mine. I can't see me changing any time soon either.

Comment

• Southbanker
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Tattooo
        Nope real bikers didn't need manuals.... We knew how to work on our bikes..... Not like wanna be bikers of today..... I rode a 66 Shovel chopper to Daytona.....

The jokes on you today's biker.....
        You are awesome.

Comment

• 49WR
          • Mar 2016

I check the site out fairly often, mainly for the Hot Babe thread which seems to be in a coma! As an old man who started chopping bikes in 1970 I've seen a lot of changes over the years. I wonder how many people who visit this site ever had a glide front end that was extended using slugs or an extended springer that was modified using Ford radius arms? My best friend's dad owned a little welding shop that we used almost every night during the week for fabricating our own sissy bars, struts etc. that you couldn't buy back then. When you could start buying extended tubes that were already chromed that was a big deal. One thing about choppers is you usually can't expect to recover the bucks you put into them unless you stumble across a guy whose vision of the perfect bike is exactly the same as yours. I visit some vintage sites because I own a 49 WR and I find some interesting tech tips there. The problem with those sites is most of the guys are obsessed with restoration and seem to spent years looking for nuts, screws and crap trying to make a pile of parts look exactly like something that came off an assembly line 50-100 years ago. The saddest thing about them is a lot of them NEVER ride the fucking bikes! Bikes are like women, some are nicer looking than others but they all should be ridden as often as possible. There, now that I've gotten that off my chest I can take a nap.

Comment

• DustyDave
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 49WR
            I visit some vintage sites because I own a 49 WR and I find some interesting tech tips there. The problem with those sites is most of the guys are obsessed with restoration and seem to spent years looking for nuts, screws and crap trying to make a pile of parts look exactly like something that came off an assembly line 50-100 years ago. The saddest thing about them is a lot of them NEVER ride the fucking bikes! Bikes are like women, some are nicer looking than others but they all should be ridden as often as possible. There, now that I've gotten that off my chest I can take a nap.
            Try the S&S Vintage Tech Forum, I have it on pretty good authority that the Moderator rides A chopped 40 Indian Sport Scout. Got a few restoring fanatics but also old chopper fanatics and racers even got a Reading Standard that's getting stroked.
            Dusty
            Driving that train, high on cocaine
            Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
            Trouble ahead, trouble behind
            And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• beanhead78
              • Nov 2009

sigh.....

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by beanhead78
                sigh.....
                +1

Comment

• AZ85
                  • Aug 2016

No Chop Cult complaints here.
                  I Like It, Love It & Want More Of It!
                  Information, ugly babies, humor, a kick in the behind, insults and bad welds too.
                  The Hot Babes thread.
                  Can A Swing-Arm Chopper Look Good?
                  Can We Talk About Donald Trump Please?
                  Nap time now. Later ...

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by az85
                    no chop cult complaints here.
                    I like it, love it & want more of that cancer cash!
                    How to's on charity theft, corporate cave-ins, sponsorship seppuku , insults and bad welds too.
                    Some day i hope to be able to bury a vibrant community too!
                    fixed

Comment

• Jeremy24
                      • Feb 2016

Everyone in my area is elling all their old shit and chopper shit to fund fxr projects and im happy to buy the old shit up

Comment

• seaking
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Rhysmort
                        Just turned 31, Had my 54 panhead for almost two years.. learnt and changed almost everything on it.

the scene in Europe is really big. Personally, I won't ride anything nor do I have interest in anything post genny HD. I've also owned a pre unit many dirt bikes and I want an R100 as well great bikes.

I think it's a case of a lot of people took to 'bikes' because they're flavour of the moment.. people who really like bikes as many of you know never really leave them. I'm forever looking at bits and messing with mine. I can't see me changing any time soon either.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;