Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dozen
    • Aug 2009

Other forum with more traffic?

I know it's an odd question, and I still love this place, but is there another like-minded forum elsewhere that gets a little more foot traffic? For example, I thought for sure some folks in here would be talking about Born Free this year, but really there's nothing... Any help?
  • vonhelmet
    • May 2010

Yeah, maybe the chopper craze is dying out. They say "stock" bikes are the new choppers. Maybe someone should start a cool web place called "Stock Cult".

Comment

• dozen
      • Aug 2009

Ha! I knew I'd likely get this type of response, but really, I feel like this place used to be a lot more hoppin'. I didn't know if something else had come to the forefront and my old ass just didn't know. Shit, I just started using Reddit last year.

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
        • Oct 2013

This place killed itself.

it's a real bummer but it was self inflicted and well earned.

Comment

• dozen
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MadRiverMoCo
          This place killed itself.

it's a real bummer but it was self inflicted and well earned.
          How so? I haven't been around much myself. And where's everyone going to now?

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

It's riding season and people are out enjoying it. There are meets to attend and things to do.

If there were reason to start a Born Free thread someone would do so.

Comment

• usmc50lx
              • Jan 2013

Everyone Is all about Dynas and Sportys now...Choppers are dead....

Comment

• dozen
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by farmall
                It's riding season and people are out enjoying it. There are meets to attend and things to do.

If there were reason to start a Born Free thread someone would do so.
                Thanks for the totally useless post.

Comment

• image1
                  • Aug 2009

instagram killed the forum star.

Comment

• OleDirtyDoc
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by image1
                    instagram killed the forum star.
                    pretty much

Comment

• Bbqbiker
                      • May 2015

Come to think of it, this place is deader than disco...along with the other similar sites I peruse...threads will hang for DAYS with zero interest.

I wish there was a sportster filter and maybe a stock dyna with sissybar filter... I just need to not see that shit sorry if I sound like a dick but I am. I can't take another "remove suspension from perfectly good girls bike" and downgrade it.

But it is CHOP Cult so I guess it's to be expected....just..why not start with something that was a rigid design from the get go?? Frames seem plentiful...whatever...and a 2015 dyna with spiderweb sissybar and 20" T bars.....I could use a block button for that shit too...boy am I a douche.....let me have it tell me I'm a judgemental fucktard...or maybe possibly I possibly have people who agree??? Even checkbook chopper guys have standards ya know...
                      Last edited by Bbqbiker; 05-16-2017, 5:16 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Bbqbiker
                        But it is CHOP Cult so I guess it's to be expected....just..why not start with something that was a rigid design from the get go?? Frames seem plentiful...whatever...and a 2015 dyna with spiderweb sissybar and 20" T bars.....I could use a block button for that shit too...boy am I a douche.....let me have it tell me I'm a judgemental fucktard...or maybe possibly I possibly have people who agree??? Even checkbook chopper guys have standards ya know...
                        There is a place just for you Q it's called the Cantina..... That's where all the cool unicorn/ewok guys started to get away from the dull CC...... You will fit right in over there....

Comment

• beat
                          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by usmc50lx
                          Everyone Is all about Dynas and Sportys now...Choppers are dead....
                          ugh, i wish.
                          i thought that 20 years ago before the new explosion of choppers w/ the new crop of shows on discovery channel..the jesse james shows were ok. and the biker build off shows were decent, but the tutles were intolerable. but that's what sold i guess.
                          than about 10 years ago w/ the housing bubble and the great ressesion nobody had any money and guys w/ big/bad/dog/balloon tire choppers couldnt sell their shit for half what they paid. and i dont blame 'em, but no one wants that gay shit.

are choppers dead? doughtful. hopefully its just taking a nap for now.
                          i'm not a economist but i do understand supply & demand.
                          just like orig parts from the pre 70s there is only a limited supply, but to restorers there is a big demand. there are always restorers.
                          as to orig aftermarket chopper parts? yes there is still a limited supply, but the demand(group of potential buyers) may wax or wane.
                          i wish choppers were dead, so the american pickers factor wasnt an issue and prices would go back to about 2004.
                          oh, well. that aint happenin'

fuck it. i've drank to much tonight, so i'll bitch about choppers more.
                          i love and will only ride choppers, but......
                          i biuld and ride what i like 'cause thats what i do, but i hate the attention from dorks or strangers. a thumbs up is cool, but wanting to talk to me about my bike is usually gay.
                          i forgot who said it(i think it was snow) "dont bro me if you know me"
                          i'm not a dick. i just wanna do my own thing and be left alone

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by beat

are choppers dead? doughtful.
                            Not for me, I've been riding them since the 70s. They were never out of style...........

Comment

• Bbqbiker
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by Tattooo
                              Not for me, I've been riding them since the 70s. They were never out of style...........
                              Never seen your bikes Tatoooo......post some eye candy.....I showed my junk you show yours!

Oh wait a sec.....that came out way wrong.......fuck it just throw that shit up there...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;