Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ATXzombie
    • Aug 2010

why no yamaha star bolts?

i am currently working on my long term xs2 project and was contemplating on getting a bolt to have as a commuter bike since I live in an urban area, its easier to park a bike than a car. how come they haven't been as popular as they are in Europe and Japanese markets? are we too hung up on Harleys?
  • forty4ma9
    • Mar 2010

They seem like fine machines and I've seen a few in the wild (stock or yami accessorized) so I think they are a success in the market. I do think the similarities in price and style would have most in the US getting a Sportster for the HD name.

Don't think they are quite old enough to hit the crowd here on Chop Cult in many numbers as the used prices I've seen around me are in line with a or costing more then the Sportsters and that is going to have a lot of aftermarket support to chop. I think if they keep it in the line up there time will come for more folks chopping them up.

Burly Brand had a build thread on here from the Yamaha sponsored build when the Bolt was introduced that is a good read. Build Thread Here.

Comment

• CFCustoms
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by forty4ma9
      They seem like fine machines and I've seen a few in the wild (stock or yami accessorized) so I think they are a success in the market. I do think the similarities in price and style would have most in the US getting a Sportster for the HD name.

Don't think they are quite old enough to hit the crowd here on Chop Cult in many numbers as the used prices I've seen around me are in line with a or costing more then the Sportsters and that is going to have a lot of aftermarket support to chop. I think if they keep it in the line up there time will come for more folks chopping them up.
      Build Thread Here.
      Wholeheartedly agree. The point of the majority of chopcult is focused on lower priced bikes. Looking at the vast majority of the bikes listed, MOST of these bikes are available for just under or around 4k pre-owned leaving a large budget for customizing. Research on my local craigslist doesn't show a bolt for less than 2k under msrp (Austin, tx). Bolts should start to trickle onto the cult in my personal estimation in about three to five years. The bolt is still relatively new, and so why chop a bike when you're still paying it off? It isn't quite time yet for this to happen but that doesn't mean that it isn't going on. Just be patient.

Comment

• Mattydubya
        • Apr 2015

Check out a place called SS Custom Cycle. They specialize in mostly v star 1100 and 650s but recently got into the bolts. May not be for everyone, but its something.

Comment

• TravelingBone
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by ATXzombie
          i am currently working on my long term xs2 project and was contemplating on getting a bolt to have as a commuter bike...
          Buy it, you'll love it.

I bought a 2015 R-Spec to use as a primary ride / commuter bike while I stripped down some project bikes and it's sweeeeet! Like someone else said, the Bolt is bit new to have hit the "chop market" and I agree. I've made a few changes; Vance&Hines VO2 intake, Bassani Radial Sweepers, Fuel Controller, stuff like that. I'll end up switching out the handlebars, lights etc..., but nothing big.

The bike has some "giddy up" to it and it's a frickin' joy to ride. I've had mine for a year, put ~12k miles on it, and am glad I bought it.

Comment

• lucky13scoot
            • Mar 2013

If you went for it i would definatly say lower it. Bike is awfully tippy to say the least. Ive lowered with low and mean brackets and then made a custom seat. Definately better ride now. And that nasty exhaust.... Hack that off imediately! But you will need a slip on or something. A bit loud with nothing.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;