Turning a Softail w/wideglide front end into a heritage..

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inkinhole
    • Mar 2015

Turning a Softail w/wideglide front end into a heritage..

I have a 89 Softail w/ wide glide front end. I want to build it as a heritage. I thought the fork cover would bolt right up, but the front end only has bolts on the top tree and not the bottom as with the fork cover. Any help or advice would be appreciated
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Are you talking about a Heritage cover bolting up to a Softtail front end??? That won't work those are two different bikes... I hate to ask this again.. But do you have a manual for your bike??
    Last edited by Tattooo; 05-03-2017, 7:05 AM.

Comment

• misfitJason
      • Sep 2009

Here is the lowdown

The softail standard and fatboy/heritage style front ends are two entirely different front ends. The heritage has about two inches shorter tubes, shorter springs, shorter dampers, and different lower legs. That combined with different triple trees with less rake, minutely narrower triple trees, and a shorter axel means if you want the heritage front end you either need to build an entirely new front end or pick up a used one to get those lower triple tree fork can mounts.

Either this or weld up some type of bracket to your Lower triple tree that you have now to mount the cans. Then you will need extended fork cans (which I have a set of six overs that would fit for sale right now)

Comment

• jonnyoz
        • Oct 2014

I'd bet you could just trade the front end out...there's probably people out there with what you want, that want what you have.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;