Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkinnyFnny
    • Sep 2014

Bates/Solo original material?

I've been doing a bit of upholstery, looking to make fifteen or so replicas of the bates racing seats. I have one true original racing seat and a few copies, all basically covered with the same material. I know the instinct is to just throw out the word "vinyl" but if it were that easy I wouldn't be posting. Finding a vinyl with no give, this thin, and this slick is a fuckin job.

So do any of you KNOW what they're covered in? My next step is to just call up bates and try to sweet talk her...
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by SkinnyFnny
    I've been doing a bit of upholstery, looking to make fifteen or so replicas of the bates racing seats. I have one true original racing seat and a few copies, all basically covered with the same material. I know the instinct is to just throw out the word "vinyl" but if it were that easy I wouldn't be posting. Finding a vinyl with no give, this thin, and this slick is a fuckin job.

So do any of you KNOW what they're covered in? My next step is to just call up bates and try to sweet talk her...
    My Bates seat is Leather not vinyl...

Comment

• SkinnyFnny
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Tattooo
      My Bates seat is Leather not vinyl...
      They did both. They switched to a really tough vinyl for racing seats after a bit, don't know how long though. The key here is racing seat, not chopper seat. Racing seat.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;