Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4evrshovel
    • Apr 2014

Shovel head charging problems

Hey everyone. I have charging issues with my shovel. I have changed the stator, voltage regulator , battery, even the magnet. It still is not charging properly. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

You didn't say how you troubleshot the system.

Perform a charging system output test per your factory service manual then report results. Perform a battery resting voltage check off the motorcycle to ensure it holds a charge even if it's new.

Got proper output on the stator? Ohm check to ground good? What is regulator output?

You didn't report the condition of your wiring, switches etc. I replace battery cables on every older HD I get immediately and ensure the ground is to a clean metal surface. I anti-seize the bolt holding ground cable to ground.

Ignition switches are cheap. I use the ~20 dollar Drag Specialties switches and get about ten years out of them.

Comment

• 4evrshovel
      • Apr 2014

I have had the battery tested. I also took it to a friend who tested the stator and voltage regulator. They are doing what they are Sapposto. The wiring is shit. I am guessing that I will have to rewire the whole thing. It is charging at 12.5 I think it should be over 13.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;