Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drkblusea
    • Aug 2016

1968 triumph unit fork rebuild

Currently rebuilding the front forks on my 1968 triumph t100c. Just got the fork seal holders off and the threads on one of the fork lowers are really marred up. Im not sure what happened as i was very careful when removing the fork seal holders with the proper tool. I plan on getting brand new stainless fork seal holders, but i obviously dont want to install them onto the messed up threads. Does anyone know if there is anyway that i can clean up the threads or if a dye exists with the correct thread and diameter size? The fork lowers are not the easiest to find in good shape and not available aftermarket. The part number for the fork lower that i am referring to is 97-1842. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am now at a hault on my overhaul. Thanks my brothas.
  • RoBro
    • Nov 2016

Parts books seem to show the same part # for prior years unit twins. There are some on the Ebay here..?

Comment

• drkblusea
      • Aug 2016

Beautiful. I've contacted the seller to inquire about the condition of the threads. Thanks RoBro!

Comment

• Dougtheinternetannoyance123
        • Apr 2012

Depends on which leg,, (R or L) as they are not all the same. The TLS forks dictated a different length brake anchor and some other variations as well
        But depends on HOW messed up the threads are.. Theres a tool called a "Thread file" this is a tool where a Die is not practical. I have multiple files and they come in specialized thread forms. Walridge Motors carries them and very affordable,
        See: http://www.walridge.com/catalogue/

I have thread files for metric, Standard US, and a variety of British threads such as BSF, BSC, CEI, Whitworth and some of the others. Looks like a rat tail file with serrations. Buy some thread gauges while you are at it. (And some really good magnifiers).

If you want I can send you a picture of some of mine. depending on which fork leg,, I can possibly supply a replacement leg as well, but be easier to just fix what you got.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;