Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jreesjr
    • Apr 2017

Best High output battery?

Hey Everyone, I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone has some good knowledge about batteries. I just built a Pro street chopper with a 131ci H&L Big Bore motor, 10.5:1 compression and i am looking for a quality high output battery for this monster. I currently have an odyssey extreme PC545 and it turns the bike over but it has some trouble. I am limited to the size of the PC545 or smaller. Any help would be great!

Thanks
  • Yodhan
    • Jun 2015

Do you have compression releases on the bike? I have high output batteries and starters fail to bikes with high compression without releases.

Comment

• jreesjr
      • Apr 2017

I do.

Comment

• pantspisser
        • Jul 2014

You're best bet is going to be to measure the exact dimensions of your battery compartment and post that along with what your most ideal terminal connection location is. Once you got that information available to the forum these guys can help more. with that much motor you're going to need every CCA a battery that can fit will give you. Odds are you'll need a lithium battery to get the most amount of CCA's out of a battery that will fit, which isn't a tragedy but they are more expensive and you do have to be mindful of jump starting/charging them as they don't handle the abuse the older AGM batteries would .

Those compression releases you got installed are definitely a good thing, hopefully those are talking enough load off of the starter to increase starter life and lower your battery's min CCA requirement.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;