X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMKoi
    • Jun 2016

Fork tubes finally came in!!!

Here they are next to the stock ones.

I didn't have a measuring cup that was accurate enough, or the wife would be fine with having fork oil in sooo I used what was handy...

So a fresh bottle of Pilsner holds 341ml and it sits a the white rabbits feet. So I drank that beer then cleaned it out and dried it out, then filled it to the same level with fork oil. I had to add an extra 13ml with a medicine syringe and away you go 354ml of 15wt fork oil. 10wt is recommended but I wanted to slow things down a bit with the extra length.

Once assemble I threw them on the bike.

[/url]

Then I threw the front tire on. For some reason I thought the front brake line might still fit, but no it is exactly 8" too short. Hmm I wonder why? So now I am waiting for a new brake line.

But I took it for a rip to see how the carbs where set up and how they handled under load. It runs great, no noticeable popping. Thanks Dom I copied your set-up.

I did however destroy the taillight and turn signal wiring going over a bump. So I had to relocate those last night. Haven't had a chance to go out yet because it is now raining. But here it is finally done, for the time being, and ready to ride.

Thanks for reading,

Matt
    Last edited by TheMKoi; 08-18-2017, 9:14 AM.

Comment

• GNARAD
      • Apr 2015

Were did you purchase your fork tubes ?

Comment

• TheMKoi
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by GNARAD
        Were did you purchase your fork tubes ?
        I got them from Forking by Frank.

They cost me a small fortune with the state of the dollar and the duties, but I could not find another place that would make them. Jason has told me to check out Seeger cycles, they are $100 USD cheaper and are apparently the exact same. I couldn't get a hold of them, they returned my emails two months later stating that they were having technical issues with their communications. I couldn't find any place in Canada that would make them. You could try bringing the stock tubes to a machine shop and see what they would charge. But I would imagine it would be at least double the price of Frank's.

They quality of the Forking By Frank tubes is amazing, very well built. I am never selling this bike so it was worth the money, in my mind.
        Last edited by TheMKoi; 08-18-2017, 9:15 AM.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
          • May 2010

Looks killer dude! Stance is perfect! I would ditch the stock cans for something cleaner, but that's it.

Comment

• TheMKoi
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Jasonisdico
            Looks killer dude! Stance is perfect! I would ditch the stock cans for something cleaner, but that's it.
            Thanks man, I am quite happy with how it turned out. And yeah I wanted to make my own exhaust from scratch but ran out or time so I opened up the stock ones. Next winter maybe.

Comment

• 3dee
              • May 2015

Looks good. Funny thing is that the stock exhaust flows with the bike. Although something skinny would look good too. I think you should get a different oil cooler, black one, more stealthy looking. It's just me but those stock ones are too bulky.

Comment

• TheMKoi
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by 3dee
                Looks good. Funny thing is that the stock exhaust flows with the bike. Although something skinny would look good too. I think you should get a different oil cooler, black one, more stealthy looking. It's just me but those stock ones are too bulky.
                Thanks 3dee.

I will need to do something with the exhaust because I am scrapping it on every corner. I was thinking bringing both to the one side and stacking them. And as far as the oil cooler, I wanted to spend as little as I could, so reusing the stock one is nice and cheap. I am sure I might be able to find one that is smaller and I could mount a little lower.

Comment

• mondoed
                  • May 2015

This bike is great! , nice job!

Comment

• TheMKoi
                    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by mondoed
                    This bike is great! , nice job!
                    Thanks man, it means a lot to me.

Comment

• TheMKoi
                      • Jun 2016

Well that is embarrassing.

Any one know another place to link photos?

Comment

• GNARAD
                        • Apr 2015

Dude this sucks! My whole build thread is the same thing. Either pay the money or basicly start a new thread with another third party sharing link. Pretty frustrating

Comment

• TheMKoi
                          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by GNARAD
                          Dude this sucks! My whole build thread is the same thing. Either pay the money or basicly start a new thread with another third party sharing link. Pretty frustrating
                          Yeah it will definitely ruin a load of build threads posted by regular guys. Totally bullshit.

Comment

• TravelingBone
                            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by TheMKoi

Well that is embarrassing.

Any one know another place to link photos?
                            Never used it myself, but I know a few people that got screwed by Photobucket and they went to http://imgur.com/. It might be worth checking out.

Comment

• TheMKoi
                              • Jun 2016

Hey guys,

I am swapping the pics over but it is a slow process..

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;