CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default k model sporty frame...anyone know the worth of these things?

hey guys, so the old man down my block sold me some old chopper shit he had in the garage for years. One thing I got was a 56 k model frame. its been hardtailed but has the pre 57 cast motor mount and A6 by the seat boss. the hardtail is rough and someone did a Hack Johnson job on the rack, but I can fix all that easy. im gonna sit on it till I feel like building it but whats one of these frames worth.... I was told 600-1200 (I didn't pay that) depending on shape but idk...I don't know how much old sporty/kmodel stuff is worth. picture attached

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails k model.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Old frames really start losing their value once people start modifying the hell out of them. The only time I could really see a K model frame going for those numbers is when its in original, unmolested condition so that someone could do a resto job on their K. Once its been hardtailed and raked, especially being a poor job like you said, its not really gonna be worth much to collectors.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Benny74 View Post
    Old frames really start losing their value once people start modifying the hell out of them. The only time I could really see a K model frame going for those numbers is when its in original, unmolested condition so that someone could do a resto job on their K. Once its been hardtailed and raked, especially being a poor job like you said, its not really gonna be worth much to collectors.
    Thanks, that's what I figured. I bought a whole garage of parts for one price and this happened to be in there. Personally its a cool piece to me and I plan on chopping it a bit in the future. just asking out of curiosity.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy24 View Post
    Thanks, that's what I figured. I bought a whole garage of parts for one price and this happened to be in there. Personally its a cool piece to me and I plan on chopping it a bit in the future. just asking out of curiosity.
    Fuck it man, if you got it cheap and think its cool keep it around. Its definitely a cool piece, you really don't see much K model stuff around, so who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Throw it up on ebay or in the classifieds and see what happens

Get Adobe Flash player

pretty sure that's a '66 frame.

and as said, not worth much in it's current state.

Get Adobe Flash player

The cast motor mount tells me its pre 57 though. plus the casting in the neck and H beam were casted in 52

Get Adobe Flash player

Im just chooping it up regardless and putting a 66 motor in it so doesn't matter much, just an old beat up frame

Get Adobe Flash player

plus the casting in the neck and H beam were casted in 52
    no, that just means the first year that casting was used was 1952.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but A should mean 196X, and the 6 should denote 1966.

My 1960 (correct, unmolested) has a A0 stamp, same motor mount, same -52 castings.

Get Adobe Flash player

A phone call to this Guy may give ya more info ...
    (714-879-0500) SPORTY SPECIALTIES

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by image1 View Post
    no, that just means the first year that casting was used was 1952.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but A should mean 196X, and the 6 should denote 1966.

My 1960 (correct, unmolested) has a A0 stamp, same motor mount, same -52 castings.

yeah I get that part what im saying is they didn't use a cast motor mount after 57. Cast motor mount tell pre 1957. The A is for the month a=January b= febuary etc

Share This