Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cutthroat
    • Apr 2012

So many 03 softail with evos?

Since I've been looking for a bigger bike u I have since ran across 5 YES 5! 2003 softails all with an 80 in em? All of em have matching vins no special construction titles etc, all of the people seem to be honest ran the numbers on everything can't figure out Why I would find 5 softail all 2003s all in 2 weeks all with evos? Any ideas?
  • xnewmanx
    • Aug 2012

Links? How could the vin possibly match.

Comment

• Yodhan
      • Jun 2015

That makes no sense.

Comment

• Benny74
        • Sep 2016

You sure its just not a bunch of dumbasses?

Comment

• cutthroat
          • Apr 2012

I have 1 vin now can post it & pix of others & bikes here shortly

Comment

• DIABOLUS
            • Sep 2013

Twin Cam A in a pre-2000 frame is one thing, but I don't see how this is possible without major surgery to the frame.

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
              • Jul 2010

H-D didn't put an Evo in a Softail after 1999. You've got sketchy info.

Comment

• DrFxr
                • Feb 2016

Click image for larger version

Name:	black_leather.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1295883

Comment

• FooDog
                  • Feb 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	1295885

Comment

• Gvermin
                    • Mar 2012

are the prices on these bikes to good to be true? do you need to send money to a Nigerian prince to get them?

Comment

• cutthroat
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by BadMonkeyMW
                      H-D didn't put an Evo in a Softail after 1999. You've got sketchy info.
                      I know they didn't, I thought maybe they did some special run for some reason.I got the info.Ill post below.

Comment

• cutthroat
                        • Apr 2012

So 1 so far is truly legal what it is, is some guy here locally builds bikes & flips em.I won't say who but he gets salvaged bikes & the ones without titles or ones he don't wanna loose $ on the word salvage he swaps the numbers out & 3 2003 model harleys were sold over a 9 year period. Hell 1 has a kick starter which is a 4 speed like a 85 Im looking @Two of the other bikes ended up not being his.1 special construction, 1 has a Ultima frame with when I opened my eyes noticed it had ult instead of HD on the title.But still no builders title but the state says it's legal?
                        After talking to a few of the people I got a name. I Talked to a guy here I've known since I was 10 or 11 who built me a little aermacchi 250 chopper when I was a kid&is building bikes still & he told me about the guy & to never buy one of his bikes. Another bike builder who has been building bikes for going on 60 years & still chasing indians, & all the old stuff is pissed when he can only find pans , will drive to the end of the world for something older.Anyways hr says he has some kind of license but idk if that means he can get hd numbers he is kinda getting hard to understand.

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
                          • Jul 2010

The dude definitely sounds like he's up to some sketchy shit. No one but Harley-Davidson can legally put an H-D VIN on a frame. I would take your old friends advice and steer clear.
                          Last edited by BadMonkeyMW; 03-31-2017, 7:49 PM.

Comment

• cutthroat
                            • Apr 2012

QUOTE=BadMonkeyMW;757061]The dude definitely sounds like he's up to some sketchy shit. No one but Harley-Davidson can legally put and H-D VIN on a frame. I would take your old friends advice and steer clear.[/QUOTE]
                            I will I got a list of good bikes that I've low-balled the guys on over the past few days I'm going to make a post in a little bit telling you guys my intentions with the bike what I'll be doing so on and so forth the prices &models and see if you guys can tell me Which one would be right for me & my needs.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;