SS Hooligan Kit Build: Sloppy Seconds gets a new heart!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • me
    • Dec 2009

SS Hooligan Kit Build: Sloppy Seconds gets a new heart!

Well it's been a few weeks since chop cult and SS cycles closed down the win a hooligan kit thread...still blown that I won.

I've been talking with Savannah over at S&S cycles to get me hooked up. Pretty straight forward just gave her the year/motor and finish style and that was that. I've got about 90k on my motor and I know o needed to do the heads too so I talked with Savannah about S&S doing them too since I was getting all the other goodies from the same place. What was cool is that instead of trying to give me some BS upsale Savannah talked with tech who recommended that I DONT over build my heads but rather just build them to stock spec in order to keep my sporty motor fun and torquey ... that was really cool I thought. They hooked me up with a local shop by me that can do it for a reasonable price too.

I get home yesterday and sweet baby Jesus had come to my house to deliver some motor parts that are just plain old sexy...

These parts are so freakin beautiful it's kind of a shame I have to put them inside my motor haha

The kit came with everything, rings, pistons, cylinders, cams, gaskets, wrist pins, tappets, hell it even came with lube! And most importantly...directions!! I'm looking forward to tackling this project myself to a good set of directions is going to be essential

Good ok sloppy seconds with my 4 year old (this was the first ride we've ever done on the main road)

And my wall of awesomeness with extra creamy awesomeness in front

All that being said I do have to earn up the funds to rebuild the heads I honestly would be doing this kit and myself a disservice if I put all new guts in my motor and left heads with 90k worth of riding on them. That being said I'm going to start this build at the end of the riding season in order to not rush take my time and have a kick ass solid running chop when it's all said and done. I'll be posting my updates in this thread.

Thank you again chop cult and S&S for this opportunity!
  • SSCycle
    • Nov 2013

Glad to see you're stoked on it! Can't wait to see it all installed.

Comment

• leucadiaguitars
      • Nov 2013

Rad!

Comment

• me
        • Dec 2009

Ok as promised end of the riding season is here! Folks at S&S obviously get it and were happy to have me burn away the summer and start the hooligan build now.

Figured it only fitting that my last ride be with the woman in the picture I won with

That's right! Last ride on sloppy seconds was with my new wife to our home...and today started the year down...figure if I'm gonna rebuild the motor I'll touch up a few other things that have needed some attention as well. I got the money saved up to get the heads done so that will be first order of business once tear down is done

So that's that so far...it was honestly hard to tear into this thing...such mixed emotions...she's been such a good bike but things are starting to break and fall off and the motor is simply beat...burning about a quart of oil every 500 miles or so and everything on my right side is covered in grime and oil spewing out the pipes...it's really time
        Attached Files

Comment

• me
          • Dec 2009

Well not sure why these pictures aren't showing up...someone let me know if y'all can see these by clicking on the picture...if you cantnill have to figure something else's out but if you can awesome

Comment

• Parisbrom
            • Sep 2016

Originally posted by me
            Well not sure why these pictures aren't showing up...someone let me know if y'all can see these by clicking on the picture...if you cantnill have to figure something else's out but if you can awesome
            Mine brought me to photobucket and I could see em all fine, congrats on the wedding and legit lookin bike!

Comment

• me
              • Dec 2009

Great thanks man ☝��☝��☝��☝������

Comment

• me
                • Dec 2009

Slow progress but still making progress!!! Finally got the rockers and heads off today. The cylinders and pistons look surprisingly good for 100k on the motor. Heading to the local machine shop this week to drop off the heads. After I get them back it will be time to pull the cylinders and pistons. While I wait I’ll probably drop the cams in.

More to come this weekend!

Comment

• Dragstews
                  • Sep 2010

Ya got a kick-ass build going together and I can't see any of the photos ..... !!

(Bet I'm not the only one with an oar in the water from that boat)
                  Last edited by Dragstews; 12-11-2017, 11:16 AM.
                  Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• me
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Dragstews

Ya got a kick-ass build going together and I can't see any of the photos ..... !!

(Bet I'm not the only one with an oar inIMG_4939.PNG the water from that boat)

Any idea on how to get the phots to post right is appreciated.

Comment

• Dragstews
                      • Sep 2010

Make you a folder on your desktop and label it photos...
                      From that folder you can upload without using a host ...
                      Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Dougtheinternetannoyance123
                        • Apr 2012

Yeah I was bummed I didnt win this fancy high zoot parts, but I am interested in the build.
                        But bummed as well about the pix. I load mine FROM my picture file on my Desktop Windows computer, this site hosts them for you. Select the icon on the tool bar to reply to post. (Square window picture with 4 tabs on each corner next to mail icon, Insert video icon and wrap quote tags icon)

3rd party hosting is a constantly evolving problem. Photobucket screwed millions of users recently and ruined millions of threads on forums all across the internet. Useful tech from Car forums, Minature ship in bottle forums, RC Acft forums, Chopper forums etc etc all went to S**T So, figure out how to post up on this server the nice folks at CC provide, or use a more stable 3rd party host.
                        (Google cloud?)

I am kinda wondering about a fresh top end on a worn out bottom end?? Not trying to be Doug & Wendy Whiner here

See: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...rs/n8967?snl=1

Cam gears and sporty/Buell oil pumps on certain years had an issue that needs checking. Easy fix to replace pinion and pump gear but bad news if you dont, Trannies in certain years prone to fork bending, Primary chain tensioners, on and on plus that many miles is a LOT of miles for a MC engine,
                        So, heard of shipwrights disease??? Im guilty of it many times, AKA Mission Creep, but might be wise to look at the whole assy holistically. Its like asking an old fat guy to run a marathon because he has new tennis shoes and drank too many red bulls.

Goes something like this:

Sailor owns boat.
                        Boat has burned out light in galley.
                        Sailor decides to change bulb.
                        Sailor notices socket is corroded, decides to change socket.
                        Sailor notices wiring frayed while trying to change socket.
                        Sailor decides to change wiring.
                        Sailor notices galley ceiling slats are rotted while changing the wire.
                        Sailor decides galley ceiling slats need changing.
                        Sailor notices ...

this goes on and on and on and on and pretty soon, Sailor is undertaking a major renovation of his boat because of a burned out light bulb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picsdidnthappenimages.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1299547Click image for larger version

Name:	Photobucket83.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1299548

Name:	HalrsantaNumriser0011-1.jpg
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	1299549

Comment

• DKAlice
                          • Apr 2024

Savannah is an avid rider, not afraid to wrench.

Comment

• me
                            • Dec 2009

Test

Name:	BFBEDCD3-4AE8-489E-B25C-F15712C45F43.jpg
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	1300315

Comment

• me
                              • Dec 2009

Looks like I actually figured this out .... maybe Click image for larger version

Name:	7BB36DE3-39DC-4F86-A759-66CA0A60D225.jpg
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1300317 sooo that’s awesome. I’m just going to blanket some pictures in here and then make a progress post at the end

Name:	C83193BA-79E4-4B3B-8B30-38B863478A22.jpg
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1300316

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;