CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Sportster Rear Fender Chop

New to ChopCult - I have a 2006 Sportster XL883L.
    I recently stumbled upon a build that Burly Brand did and really liked the rear fender - I did some searching and found they posted the build progress on here https://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37070
    I noticed they used another rear fender to chop and was wondering if anyone knew what year sportster it was from or if its off another model? It looks really nice chopped with the Continental K112 tucked under. Also, could you mount a Biltwell Inc. Harlot Passenger Pad on this fender?
    My apologies for the dumb question in advance - thanks for the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 11.25.40 PM.jpg  

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks like they just chopped the stock fender to me. In that thread they also chop the struts, if you plan on running a p-pad I would strongly advise against chopping the struts unless you really dislike the person sitting back there. You're going to need that strength to support the weight. If you don't wanna chop up your stock fender, Lowbrow makes one called the Tsunami fender that is pretty similar to what they did

EDIT: I just looked up the Tsunami fender and you need to cut the struts to run that as well.
    Last edited by Benny74; 03-02-2017 at 5:52 AM.

Thanks for the help Benny - it seems they changed the fender from the stock one but I'll see if I can dig any deeper.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

RCYA has a sweet looking chopped fender which ill be receiving tomorrow!!!!

Share This